Update - 22 June 2013

Update - 22 June 2013

We have completed our internal discussion of the availability of the "upgraded" Flaming Cliffs aircraft and we have decided to make them available for free to Flaming Cliffs 3 customers. We believe that this will add a very high level of new content to the FC3, it will avoid duplicate aircraft types, and we hope it will broaden the appeal of FC3 to an even larger audience.

Did I mention that FC3 is currently on sale?

thank you thank you thank you

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats not just great news that's fantastic news

thats way FC3 will be an awesome module with more content more people will buy it and

thats way you don't let new customers to comfuse what is that what is this or you have to buy this in order to upgrade it etc..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

So SithSpawn was right!?!?! and everyone was mad at him! poor guy.

This is outstanding news and a gesture of good faith to longstanding customers. It just makes sense from a gameplay standpoint too, to prevent different performances of the same aircraft.

I'm going to have to pick up FC3 for a couple friends now during the sale and force them to try it out.

Thanks Wags and ED

"Witness mere F-14s taking off from adjacent flight decks, gracefully canting left and right, afterburners flaming, and there’s something that sweeps you away—or at least it does me. And no amount of knowledge of the potential abuses of carrier task forces can affect the depth of that feeling. It simply speaks to another part of me. It doesn’t want recriminations or politics. It just wants to fly.”

― Carl Sagan

Wow! I understood the previous standpoint on pricing, although it didn't leave me jumping for joy.

but this has made me feel FC3 really now deserves to sit alongside the full DCS modules and I think really addresses the apparent disparity of depth. FC3 will no longer be seen as DCS lite and more like DCS Fighters&CAS

And yes....Thank You!

Edited by Mewle

Intel i5 4690k

MSI GTX 970 4g gaming edition

Asus Z97k Mobo

8Gb Corsair vengeance 1866mhz

120GB Samsung 840 evo

Samsung 1TB Spinpoint hdd

Windows 10

4 channel surround

Hotas Cougar w/ 120mm machined steel extension and elite rudder pedals

DIY collective via bu0836x plus some random buttons and knobs

Cougar MFDs

Running 1920*2104 over 3 screens

This is a wise business decision, and great customer service. This action, should go a long way to attract and retain your loyal customers, and I count myself as one of them, and I too own all of your current modules including FC3

Velocity MicroI7-4790 Windows 7 Home Premium 16Gigs RAM EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1070 500GB SSD TM Hotas Warthog

Give an inch....

Nate

Please sir.......can I have some more?

hehe

:D

Intel i5 4690k

MSI GTX 970 4g gaming edition

Asus Z97k Mobo

8Gb Corsair vengeance 1866mhz

120GB Samsung 840 evo

Samsung 1TB Spinpoint hdd

Windows 10

4 channel surround

Hotas Cougar w/ 120mm machined steel extension and elite rudder pedals

DIY collective via bu0836x plus some random buttons and knobs

Cougar MFDs

Running 1920*2104 over 3 screens

Did someone just pull a Microsoft? roflmao... sorry couldnt resist.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

This is a wise business decision, and great customer service. This action, should go a long way to attract and retain your loyal customers, and I count myself as one of them, and I too own all of your current modules including FC3

^ this :thumbup:

spacer.png

No, Microsoft had to throw away the work they had done, ED are going to gift the work they will do, to FC3 owners.

I'm not sure how you equate the two. ED would have lost nothing by making the AFM pay-ware to FC3 for say $10 - instead as a Gesture, akin to the free release of Flanker 2.5 before, the fans get the work for nothing.

Nate

They [ED] never said a thing about it..

And the M$ U turn... :megalol:

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

This is great! Thanks Wags & ED!

This makes FC3 a much more mature fit in DCS World wich is fantastic for it's longtime supporters.

I think it's worth mentioning that the community also has given so much solutions/mods/skins/missions/servers/lessons etc and continue to do so.

For me that is just a major eye-opener for having a fantastic experience with all of the modules.

Guys help please,i have dcs p51 dcs a10 dcs bs

looking to get fc3 but what do we get as a freebie thx to ED?

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

Guys help please,i have dcs p51 dcs a10 dcs bs

looking to get fc3 but what do we get as a freebie thx to ED?

Your module won't selfdestruct when you crash one of the FC3 planes XD

New advanced flight model for a few planes just read the posts from Wags :)

That is good news. But what about the MIG-29 and Su-33? If they are updates would those that bought the FC3 beta get upgraded to those as well?

Sigh..

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

ED would have lost nothing by making the AFM pay-ware to FC3 for say $10 - instead as a Gesture, akin to the free release of Flanker 2.5 before, the fans get the work for nothing.

If they made the software donation-ware for current FC3 owners :), i'd happily give them $10 for the additional FC3 content...... just on principle !!!..

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

An excellent and wise decision, you have to give credit where its due and bravo. :) Goodwill goes a long way, and it will be returned. Kudos.

"Dis Karma B good, and get dem respec' in da hood. May de coffers of ED o'er flow wit bling....and ting" Spake the Phantom Rasta Sky Buddha of the Caucasus, that I've just made up.

*aauuuummm* :D

♫ ' Papa was a hairy mole.....Wherever he dug a den was his home ' ♫

I posted this in the other thread...

Since Wags and ED were so generous to us existing FC3 customers, I thought I'd share the love and the generosity, to support ED and to get more people flying.

I've just purchased a second FC3, and it's not sitting and looking for a new owner. The first 10 people to PM me will go into a random draw and the lucky winner will get a copy of FC3 for free.

I just got a response from ED on how to purchase and give away the module as a gift.

2 people have contacted me already, so there's some room left in the draw.

• Like 4

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

Your module won't selfdestruct when you crash one of the FC3 planes XD

New advanced flight model for a few planes just read the posts from Wags :)

Well theres a +1 rep right here.........flanker

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12