Update - 22 June 2013

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah good stuff out of ED

But im one f those who would like to see some attention toward the Mig29S

Ive seen the possiblity of the the smt but that is just a mod i far i can see it

So please ED give us AFM for the migs as well.. i keep buying so u keep working

Well this is defiantly good news for the ole pocket book as many have said, between the AFMs and nevada that I have comeing with my A-10 beta purchase I almost feel like I'm stealing. I can see the business idea behind it though. Thanks ED

Just purchased FC3, and downloading the module. Many thanks ED!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

No, Just the updated Flight Models from the upcoming Standalone Flaming cliffs aircraft Modules for DCS.

Don't get me wrong or ungrateful, but I'm a bit worried by this choice. I assume the modules might get further upgrades in the future so it kinda postpones the issue till the next round of upgrades comes forth. Personally, I'd rather pay a discounted price for the modules, but that might be another BS2 upgrade complication with the licences..

Anyway, thanks ED.. Maybe these upgrades won't come that fast so I can hold on till the next summer sale ;)

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Don't get me wrong or ungrateful, but I'm a bit worried by this choice. I assume the modules might get further upgrades in the future so it kinda postpones the issue till the next round of upgrades comes forth. Personally, I'd rather pay a discounted price for the modules, but that might be another BS2 upgrade complication with the licences..

Anyway, thanks ED.. Maybe these upgrades won't come that fast so I can hold on till the next summer sale ;)

I'm not sure I understand your concerns, could you explain it a bit better?

Nate

I'm not sure I understand your concerns, could you explain it a bit better?

OK, I'll try. The FC3 was released as a way to bring FC2 aircraft to DCS World so they could enjoy the benefit of DCS World updates. There was no mention of separate modules when this was released.

Now we have an announcement of the updated aircraft from FC3 separated into modules having the AFM as the main feature (for now). I presume that further updates to these modules will be forthcoming in future (like maybe clickable cockpits, advanced systems modeling for each aircraft, etc.). If that happens, FC3 aircraft will probably be cut off from these updates.

If that's correct, then if I knew about these modules at the time of the FC3 release, I would have probably skipped on FC3 altogether as it would be a dead end in a way. So, I was actually hoping that these modules would perhaps be offered to FC3 buyers at a reduced price so we can jump from FC3 to them and not feel like the FC3 investment was a waste as the most would certainly want those (potential) future updates.

Hence, why I said that I "hope" that these (potential) updates to the modules will be late coming so I can wait to get the modules at half price during the next summer sale.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Since I haven't been following this stuff for a while......what does it mean?

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Read the official updates, not the stuff that people interpret into them. :) It should become a bit clearer then, hopefully.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I don't work for ED but based on what they've said...

The new modules will be the same aircraft you get in FC3 just sold individually. They will each have an AFM when released. The AFM created for those aircraft that don't already have one (F-15, Su-27) will be added to FC3 for FREE.

I think the fact that they've replaced all the aircraft assets and recoded them to work in DCSWorld is what is allowing them to break away from the LockOn anchor and sell them each individually. It's a great thing though. Like Wag's post says, they can sell them on STEAM, etc... Something they couldn't do with LockOn in the picture.

Later the F-15 and Su-27 (and maybe others) will be built into full blown DCS modules with clickable cockpit etc. These will then be sold as DCS level modules. It is unclear, nothing has been stated, if there will be an upgrade path, but I doubt it.

OK, I'll try. The FC3 was released as a way to bring FC2 aircraft to DCS World so they could enjoy the benefit of DCS World updates. There was no mention of separate modules when this was released.

Now we have an announcement of the updated aircraft from FC3 separated into modules having the AFM as the main feature (for now). I presume that further updates to these modules will be forthcoming in future (like maybe clickable cockpits, advanced systems modeling for each aircraft, etc.). If that happens, FC3 aircraft will probably be cut off from these updates.

If that's correct, then if I knew about these modules at the time of the FC3 release, I would have probably skipped on FC3 altogether as it would be a dead end in a way. So, I was actually hoping that these modules would perhaps be offered to FC3 buyers at a reduced price so we can jump from FC3 to them and not feel like the FC3 investment was a waste as the most would certainly want those (potential) future updates.

Hence, why I said that I "hope" that these (potential) updates to the modules will be late coming so I can wait to get the modules at half price during the next summer sale.

What he means is assumption that a stand alone modules will have further upgrades like clickable buttons where the FC3 modules will stop on AFM free update....

Personally I hope that's the case

$20 f15c dcs flaming cliffs ->$ 14.99 update to full f15c dcs

Another business model by me lol :book:

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

Don't know if everyone noticed this in the update thread but:

Update - 22 June 2013

We have completed our internal discussion of the availability of the "upgraded" Flaming Cliffs aircraft and we have decided to make them available for free to Flaming Cliffs 3 customers. We believe that this will add a very high level of new content to the FC3, it will avoid duplicate aircraft types, and we hope it will broaden the appeal of FC3 to an even larger audience.

Did I mention that FC3 is currently on sale?

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

That is the first post in this thread.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks for doing this ED. You've just gone up in my books. I genuinely thought you wouldn't do a discount at all.

I would have been happy with a discount to get this but free is awesome!

Under promise and over deliver

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals