Update - 22 June 2013

Thanks for doing this ED. You've just gone up in my books. I genuinely thought you wouldn't do a discount at all.

I would have been happy with a discount to get this but free is awesome!

Under promise and over deliver

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really appreciate that ED adds AFM to the FC aircraft. I think it completes what a game that is all about a short learning curve is. In my opinion, FC was always designed for those of us who wanted to focus more on the combat and flying experience without having to read an 800 page manual about which buttons to press, and I do not think that an AFM is exclusive only for the high fidelity DCS modules as the A-10C, but equally important for the FC aircraft, as an AFM is a lot more fun and does not really steepen the learning curve as far as a flight simulation goes. In my opinion, FC is complete once three criteria are met. 1. The external model. 2. The internal cockpit model. 3. AFM. Now that all three are to be featured in FC, I feel that the game is a complete package. Thanks, ED!

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

Thanks, I'll give it a go. I find flying the Russian aircraft a bit like flying a UFO though. Strange symbols and dials everywhere that I don't understand!

I find the russians very simple and easy to fly once you learn those symbols. In time, you will know what they mean. No I'm not speaking russian :)

I find flying the Russian aircraft a bit like flying a UFO though. Strange symbols and dials everywhere that I don't understand!

ROFL! that is quote of the year for me :megalol:

edit: I wonder if they'll ever add a 6DoF cockpit for the su-25t - maybe it gets unlocked if you buy any of the modules. I find it dizzying using the trackIR in a 2DoF setting, something unnatural about it, so I stay away from anything that isn't 6DoF.

Edited by schkorpio

Sponsored by: http://www.ozpc.com.au

Really should clarify since this has been bugging me for a long time now. :D

Calling a cockpit a "6DOF Cockpit" is wrong. 6DOF refers to the 6 degrees of freedom in your head tracking device. The cockpit is a "3D cockpit", which is more compatible with 6DOF. You can still have 6DOF in a 2D cockpit, it is just unimpressive. So when you ask if they are going to make a 6DOF cockpit for something, that just doesn't make sense.

The more you know! ;)

Edited by Blaze

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

It is a very good decision ED. People now have reason to buy FC3, and now we calmly have to wait for new DCS modules. I hope you will soon be corrected multiplayer and other bugs. THX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

So, further paid-upgrades for DCS Flaming Cliffs are to be offered later on, will FC3 user be able to install the upgrades individually as well?

?!??? All AFM will come through DCS update, so all FC3 aircrafts will be updated also in one shot.

Anyway, why do you want to install them separately ?!?? I don't get your point :huh:..

Really should clarify since this has been bugging me for a long time now. :D

Calling a cockpit a "6DOF Cockpit" is wrong. 6DOF refers to the 6 degrees of freedom in your head tracking device. The cockpit is a "3D cockpit", which is more compatible with 6DOF. You can still have 6DOF in a 2D cockpit, it is just unimpressive. So when you ask if they are going to make a 6DOF cockpit for something, that just doesn't make sense.

The more you know! ;)

Yeah, you could call them "6DOF optimized" cockpits, maybe. But indeed, they are actually 3D cockpits.

I would love a 6dof cockpit for the su25t I think that aeroplane looks so cool and the fm feels really good, but we are getting lots of other cool stuff so I will be patient

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

?!??? All AFM will come through DCS update, so all FC3 aircrafts will be updated also in one shot.

Anyway, why do you want to install them separately ?!?? I don't get your point :huh:..

No, I'm not talking about AFM. I'm wondering if the incoming future paid upgrades for the individual DCS Flaming Cliffs planes that is clickable pit, avionics improvement and so on, will be compatible with individual FC3 planes.

They should make a 6 DoF Cockpit for the Su-25T since it's the "demo" aircraft. I often shove the A-10C or P51-D into the arms of my recruited friends though, so they've barely touched the Su-25T anyway.

+1 for 6DoF / 3D cockpit for Su-25T. I hoe that comes at some point.

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

I hope that one day all the FC3 aircraft will have 3D cockpits and AFM.

At the moment though I'm just excited about one thing...

Vapour trails! :D

Can't wait for these to make a comeback. Really adds to the feeling of speed and pulling G's in a turn.

Clickable pit and avionics upgrades won't be DCS FC3, they'll be full DCS modules. In other words, a separate product.

Now Im confused.. I thought the plan was to improve the modules little by little to achieve DCS quality eventually.

i believe at some point FC3 will have full clickable pits and AFM for all planes

including the SU33 and MIG-29's

as concern the SU25-T the problem is easy to solve since the community fly it a lot

leave the 2D pit for those who want to download DCS-WORLD for free and check it out

and put SU25-T again in FC3 with new 3D pit[since it was part of FC3 series and introduce the first AFM]

with all of this features you will have an extreme must have module-sim AIR-AIR and AIR-GROUND module;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog