Update - 22 June 2013

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that settles it for me, I am going to go ahead now and purchase FC3 while it is on sale.

Hopefully I can find my original Lock On CD...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

:thumbup:

Update - 22 June 2013

We have completed our internal discussion of the availability of the "upgraded" Flaming Cliffs aircraft and we have decided to make them available for free to Flaming Cliffs 3 customers. We believe that this will add a very high level of new content to the FC3, it will avoid duplicate aircraft types, and we hope it will broaden the appeal of FC3 to an even larger audience.

Did I mention that FC3 is currently on sale?

thank you thank you thank you

Update - 22 June 2013

We have completed our internal discussion of the availability of the "upgraded" Flaming Cliffs aircraft and we have decided to make them available for free to Flaming Cliffs 3 customers. We believe that this will add a very high level of new content to the FC3, it will avoid duplicate aircraft types, and we hope it will broaden the appeal of FC3 to an even larger audience.

Did I mention that FC3 is currently on sale? :)

Well, that was unexpected...

yeah, unexpected step but a very kind step: sounds like a symphony to my ears :thumbsup:

Thanks Matt, Alex and whole ED Team :worthy:

sign-pic4.jpg

Gentlemen, keep up the great work. Thank you for all your work. I dare say that future USAF pilot's when asked what got you interested in becoming a pilot and where did you learn the basics of air combat fighting. ANSWER: DCS, I have all their modules. Ha, Ha !!

i dont know who deleted your reply TimeKilla - maybe you or an admin -

but don't misunderstand me: if i (we) would have bought all the AFM modules (sure i would) I would have paid 40-80$ over FC3 i paid: so this is good for my (our) finance but dont think this is charity of ED

this is foresight and investment in the future of ED

probably not for the old core costumers who had would paid this plus amount anyway (who got this kind step) but for new costumers all the more

and probably technically better not to let live two versions in multiplayer - SFM and AFM versions with on same type of aircraft

...just my 2 cents

sign-pic4.jpg

Searching really hard here but cant find an answer - when the FC3 aircraft get AFM do they get click able cockpits?

Apologies if i missed this somewhere!!!

No, Just the updated Flight Models from the upcoming Standalone Flaming cliffs aircraft Modules for DCS.

Nate

Searching really hard here but cant find an answer - when the FC3 aircraft get AFM do they get click able cockpits?

Apologies if i missed this somewhere!!!

No, they will not.

(sniped, but here is a qoute from Matt)

Later this year, we will offer:

A-10A: DCS Flaming Cliffs

Su-25: DCS Flaming Cliffs

F-15C: DCS Flaming Cliffs

Su-27: DCS Flaming Cliffs

These modules will feature:

1- Detailed 3D model (high polygon / high res textures)

2- 6 DOF cockpit

3- Advanced Flight Model (AFM)

4- Same level of cockpit system detail as the Lock On: Flaming Cliffs aircraft

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

They [ED] never said a thing about it..

And the M$ U turn... :megalol:

Lol, Xbox One-80

Saves me some $$ to buy more stuff...

And when i shoot down Flankers, they wont blame the SFM.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

If they made the software donation-ware for current FC3 owners :), i'd happily give them $10 for the additional FC3 content...... just on principle !!!..

same here, AFM is worth extra cost for me

No longer active in DCS...

• ED Team

I am happy ED has made the right decision about the AFM and FC3

Thanks ED and Wags looking forward to it

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I agree:thumbup: Thx Wags and the ED Team!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

I posted this in the other thread...

Since Wags and ED were so generous to us existing FC3 customers, I thought I'd share the love and the generosity, to support ED and to get more people flying.

I've just purchased a second FC3, and it's not sitting and looking for a new owner. The first 10 people to PM me will go into a random draw and the lucky winner will get a copy of FC3 for free.

I just got a response from ED on how to purchase and give away the module as a gift.

2 people have contacted me already, so there's some room left in the draw.

Still two slots open in the draw!

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

Deal.

I never had any intention to purchase any of the Flaming Cliffs titles now that my love lies with DCS, but this decision deserves a quid pro quo approach. :thumbup:

Just bought myself a copy.:joystick:

Slip the surly bonds of Earth

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Core i7 2600k@4.5||Z77 Extreme 6||16GB RAM

WIN 10||HTC Vive ||G940||1080Ti

Ok do I have to instal lock on in order to play FC3 or its there some way around it I don't mind paying for license but I don't want that thing on my pc point less

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

K2mil:

You install Lock On, install and activate FC3, and then uninstall Lock On, so it doesn't have to sit on your PC for all eternity.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display