C-17 Skin

Outcast

Hi all

I was working in a somewhat improved skin for the C-17 in DCS World but I just have no idea what argument add in the 'description.lua', the 'livery' line is empty

I've tried adding:

livery = {
   {"c-17_okras", 0 ,"C-17_TX",false};
}

becouse that's the name of the standard skin, but no luck so far...

Anyone can lend me a hand?

Thanks in advance

Eagle driver 4-ever!!

Outcast

I'm not really sure but I do not think you can do this with the older models, which the C17 is. The edm file only recognizes one texture file, named C17_OKRAS.bmp.

Whatever texture you use it has to have that name, I have tried playing around with this on other aircraft and came to the conclusion it cannot be done with the older edm files we have. It would need a new edm for that aircraft to get it to work.

Prove me wrong somebody ? Please !!

If it any thing like the f16 you have to over right the original file with yours.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

• 11 months later...
Hi all

I was working in a somewhat improved skin for the C-17 in DCS World but I just have no idea what argument add in the 'description.lua', the 'livery' line is empty

I've tried adding:

livery = {
   {"c-17_okras", 0 ,"C-17_TX",false};
}

becouse that's the name of the standard skin, but no luck so far...

Anyone can lend me a hand?

Thanks in advance

hi sorry for my ignorance, you said you were editing a C-17 livery, I am confused because I tried to edit a Mi-28 livery but the livery folder is empty, it only has a notepad file named "description." When I checked the C-17 livery folder, it also has just a notepad named "descrition." So how did you find the C-17 livery to be able to edit it? I mean like change the markings and color of the plane with Photoshop etc.

This is how I worked it out for the C17:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/668865/

Depending on how old the original model is there are several ways to make skin changes, you have to work through them all to find the combination that works when editing the description.lua. It does take some figuring out, the best way to do it is look at other aircraft liveries and see how they are done and try that method.

The skins being used are always described in the .edm file, you just have to trawl through that to find out what it is called.

Edited by crazyeddie