Can someone help me strategize what to purchase?

I lurk and check in every now and then to check progress on Nevada terrain etc...

I've been out of simming for ~5 years due to personal life being too busy but hope to build a new rig and get back in Nov-Dec timeframe...

I purchased BS1 (DVD) and A-10 (Steam) and have never fired up either. I am only interested in AFM only, but if I understand correctly, that will be offered up on FC3 now???

Please help me purchase best bang for buck strategy for integrating products into "DCS World"? I'm confused... What is my best path forward if I want to fly BS, Mustang, and any other AFM plane or Heli (Russian or US)???

Also want to use Nevada IG when it arrives. Please help - there are so many options at this point, I'm not sure what to do. Not sure what is best bang for the buck path forward.

With the sale going on right now, you might just as well get everything. Some FC3 planes already have AFM and more will come with future patches.

All DCS modules except FC3 has AFM of course.

Nevada is hard to say but I think it won't be released in the near future.

You might want to buy directly from http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/ instead of steam. I'm a Steam user too but I stopped buying DCS products there when they stopped updating the steam version of BS. It is just horribly outdated. Don't know about steam A-10C but i suspect the same applies there.

Edited by Brisse

I lurk and check in every now and then to check progress on Nevada terrain etc...

I've been out of simming for ~5 years due to personal life being too busy but hope to build a new rig and get back in Nov-Dec timeframe...

I purchased BS1 (DVD) and A-10 (Steam) and have never fired up either. I am only interested in AFM only, but if I understand correctly, that will be offered up on FC3 now???

Please help me purchase best bang for buck strategy for integrating products into "DCS World"? I'm confused... What is my best path forward if I want to fly BS, Mustang, and any other AFM plane or Heli (Russian or US)???

Also want to use Nevada IG when it arrives. Please help - there are so many options at this point, I'm not sure what to do. Not sure what is best bang for the buck path forward.

...best strategy ?! Are you a broker or something?! ;)

Get them all - right now - while they are on sale!

>>>21 June 2013 - DCS News Update

In my opinion, if you have the BlaskShark (that is 2?) and the A-10 and you´ve never flown both of them, I´m quite sure that you will spend enough time with those 2 modules until the next (2nd next) sale comes up. This is not the first sale they are doing. If you think you might not be playing at all again for a few months, or are busy with the BS or A-10, then I don´t see a reason to buy them now, just to have them.

It´s all IMHO and don´t hit me if, for some odd reason, this really was the last sale :P

Edit: I´ve seen that you have BS1. Then the sale could be a good opportunity to get either the BS2 Upgrade or just buy the BS2 license, so you don´t have to install BS1 everytime you want to install the BS2 module after you´ve rebuild your PC or so. But the A-10 alone can keep you busy for months. I bought it back on November if I remember correctly, and I´m far away from knowing everything, let alone mastering all the systems when it gets hectic in combat.

I would agree, with the large sale going on right now through June 30th, I would grab all that you might want.

First, grab DCS World, it is a free download and will be the base for all modules that you might grab to be installed into.

As far as your A-10C on Steam, you can view the product key from your Steam account, make note of it or copy and paste and save it. After you download and install the A-10C module, when you launch it to play it will prompt you for the product key, enter the key you got from Steam here and it will work fine.

If you really like and want Blackshark, I would suggest you purchase BS2 from ED, as BS1 will not install and work with DCS World. You can install and run BS1 as a separate installation however if you wish. You can get the BS2 Upgrade, but will have to have BS1 installed to install it, or do like I did and just go ahead and purchase full version of BS2. I have BS1, but wanted the simplicity of being able to install BS2 into DCS World without having BS1 installed.

I am like you and very busy during the summer months, but I will be ready when the fall gets here and I get a lot more spare time.

Hope this helps,

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

strange thread.............:music_whistling:

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Help! I'm confused. I have Huey, I want to get A-10C and FC3, but do I have to also buy Lock-On to fly the planes in FC3?

At the moment, yes. ED does not want that but it is an licence issue since the old LOMAC-days when Ubisoft were publishing LOMAC. ED is working on a solution wich involves splitting the FC3 aircrafts into seperate modules, but at the moment LOMAC is required.

At the moment, yes. ED does not want that but it is an licence issue since the old LOMAC-days when Ubisoft were publishing LOMAC. ED is working on a solution wich involves splitting the FC3 aircrafts into seperate modules, but at the moment LOMAC is required.

Thank you!!! :pilotfly:

Personally I found Lock On on Amazon (Europe) for about 5 Euros (box retail version only sadly), if you're in the US though you can easily buy a digital version for about the same price I think through the links provided on the FC3 shop page.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]