LOMAC sky

RD

I've been trying to tone down the brightness of the sky in LOMAC. I've tried to darken the BMPs in the Bazar\Effects\SKY folder, but that doesn't seem to have done anything. I've downloaded the SUNAMBIENTCOLOR mod but that seems geared to the sunrise and sunset. I'd like to tone down the brightness of the sky at daylight hours such as 1200 noon. Adjusting brightness, gamma on my monitor darkens everything so that won't work.

Due to some eyestrain I have it would be great if I could adjust the brightness of the sky. Can anyone help me do this?

The problem with using video card settings (or sunglasses) is that it changes everything. I'm only looking to make changes to the sky. Actually, if I could change the color of the sky from the blue it is now to another one it would be just fine.

Does anyone know of a way to change the default sky color?

If you cant figure something out, then as a last resort, you could always just put 10/10 cloud overcast at a really high altitude so you cannot see the bright sky at all. Personally I like the way the landscape looks murky and grey with full overcast and visibility at the lowest limit. Pretty much like the English weather most of the time!

Not much of an answer I know but might ease the strain on your eyes......

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

Well I was going to suggest using the digital vibrance feature if you had an Nvidia card but it sounds like you've tried that....it works wonders on the sky color but yeah, it also changes everything else. All I can suggest is don't build any missions around the 12 noon timeframe. :p

-----------------------------

AMD Athlon 64 3800+

Asrock 939 Dual SATA 2 mobo

1024 Corsair PC3200

XFX 7800GT

Antec True Blue 480

Samsung 940B

Track IR4

Saitek X-45 HOTAS

Win XP Pro