Low RPM audio warning switch reversed when using autostart

howie87

From a cold start, as soon as the battery is on, the alarm is sounding. I cut off immediately with the low RPM audio warning switch. When i'm ready to take off with no warning i cannot put this switch in OFF position. I don't know if it is a normal behavior.

Are you sure the switch is in OFF position on the panel?

from the manual

Current production helicopters use a spring-loaded switch. When the switch has been manually turned off for engine starting, it will automatically return to the AUDIO position when normal operating range is reached

Yeah, I'm aware of how the switch functions. I just set it to the off position BEFORE running the auto start and it reversed the function (warning tone when switch set to off, no tone when switch set to on). Pretty sure it's a bug.

I managed to recreate this bug using this method:

Jump into a running Huey

Shut down the engine with the fuel cut off switch

Turn the RPM audio warning switch to OFF

Perform autostart (left win + home)

As the engine spools up again you will hear the low RPM warning even though the switch will still be in the OFF position. Turning the switch to the ON position turns OFF the audio warning.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
that was for codenamepanzer, just pointing out that it is a spring loaded switch and once your RPMs are above the alarm setting, it will not go into the OFF state.

As for the bug that you mention , i have no idea.

If this is a spring loaded switch does it activate the spring when the rpm goes into the green? Therefore in the real huey if the rpm goes into the green does the switch automatically move to the alarm on position? Seems to occur this way in the sim.

If this is a spring loaded switch does it activate the spring when the rpm goes into the green? Therefore in the real huey if the rpm goes into the green does the switch automatically move to the alarm on position? Seems to occur this way in the sim.

Yes. I think it's designed this way so if you flip the switch to turn off the annoying bleeping while starting up, it automatically flips back on when the engine is up to speed in case you forget!

Clever stuff.