Any news on Dora-9 ?

Der_Fred

Dora is busy Exploring, Episodes can be viewed multiple times a day on TV.

same here...i really hope we hear some news about the progress in one of the upcoming friday updates.

Might have Jinxed it.. lol...

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Regarding the swastika, the only country that prohibits the display of the swastika is Germany, the exception being for historical reasons such as movies.

You mean historically accurate movies like Inglourious Basterds? The difference is that movies are officialy a form of art, whereas video games are (for some unknown reason) not.

DCS Wishlist: Ka 26

Austria does as well.

Hasn't this horse been beaten before? ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Don't preach to the choir. :)

That was actually intended as a general comment. :)

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I recently saw a FW190 at a small museum, and while I don´t have interest in the bird for DCS myself I snapped a few quick pics for all of you that are waiting for it, maybe you enjoy them:

Great pictures, this FW190 looks like in mint condition. Thanks for sharing. What museum was that?

MAC

well, in other sims, the community has to offer skins with the swastika "enabled".

i was pretty surprised when i recognized that here in dcs the devs themselves included the swastika version for the D9, only "hidden" in a directory folder.

so this is already an unexpected customer server, and we couldnt ask for more.

more importantly though, im convinced, that as soons as it gets flyable, plenty of custom skins will arise by really talented people.

so this is a non issue really from my perspective.

now back to the more intersesting part....what do you guys think, what news will we get next about the d9?

cockpit screenshots?a release date? a beta version ready to purchase? :)

I don't understand why symbols such as the swastika are "banned" in some countries. I mean, they are only a couple of lines put together.. Being Polish I know very well what WWII and the terror behind that symbol was but we should not forget the past, especially because we don't want similar things to happen again.

Germany, Austria or any other country involved in WWII should not be "punished" and criticized forever. The war, no matter how terrible it was, is and always will be a part of our history and using the historically correct symbology in movies or games depicting it should not be seen as an attempt to glorify or bring back the horrible and fanatical regimes of the past.

Not to mention the origin of the symbol (Ancient Rome)...

PS. Sorry for a slight off-topic... The Dora for DCS is something I'm waiting for as much as you do.

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The war, no matter how terrible it was, is and always will be a part of our history and using the historically correct symbology in movies or games depicting it should not be seen as an attempt to glorify or bring back the horrible and fanatical regimes of the past.

That´s the way I see it as well, and personally, I think this particular law is quite stupid. Especially since it´s only illegal to distribute or display said symbols in public unless a bunch of criteria are met. When it comes to your private use, you can do pretty much anything you like.

This sometimes leads to weird situations. As a hobby, I build plastic scale models (1/48 scale) and pride myself in making them as accurately as I possibly can, which can easily lead to build times of up to a year per model.

Now, even though those models are not really toys and depict a historical machine, it is not allowed for the manufacturers to include swastikas in their decal sheets if they wanna sell their model in Germany. Therefore I am forced to buy those decals in the surrounding countries, which is perfectly legal again. In fact, there are quite a few companies who have specialized in printing nothing but sheets full of swastika decals to be sold to German model builders.

Ironically, I usually buy these sheets from a company in Poland, because they produce great quality and the price is reasonable as well. So I need to buy those swastikas in Poland of all places, the one country on earth that has suffered under the Nazis like no other, and yet they have no problem selling me swastikas. Just goes to show how ridiculous this law really is, especially in today´s times of free trade and open borders within the EU.

But oh well, it is the law, and as long as it is, I need to obey it, no matter how stupid I think it is.

You can actually delete the swastika right on the plane yourself, it´s in your neighbourhood at the http://www.luftfahrtmuseum-hannover.de/ in Laatzen :P

Hehe, I actually knew that. ;) Been to that place many times since it´s practically right next to my doorstep. Very cool museum.

Edited by Cookie

- Two miles of road lead nowhere, two miles of runway lead everywhere -

Click here for system specs