Buddy lazing

I need help buddy lazing. Should I be using the TISL? I have the bombs to the correct codes. I get the TGP on the same codes and I get it to search and find the laser, what more do I have to do? Do I need to use my own laser? That would seem to defeat the purpose. Once the TGP finds the laser do I need to DMS forward like a normal drop? If someone as a good tutorial that’s in English that would be a great help.

HHC, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

http://1stcavdiv.conceptbb.com/

If someone is buddy lasing for you, then you don't need a TGP at all.

Ensure they are using the correct laser code, release your weapon on the target coordinates (CCRP) or location (CCIP), call laser on when your weapon is 12-15 second from impact. Job done.

Using LSS to locate a laser spot so someone can get you onto a target is something totally separate from, and not required for buddy lasing. Although there seems to be a belief that the two are somehow linked.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

It is actually the bombs that need to have the correct lase code, not your TGP if you are the one dropping. If you are the buddy, you need the same codes as your wingman's bombs.

To set the lase code for the bomb, go to the INV section of the DSMS, select the rack, set the code and save (or save symmetrically).

It is actually the bombs that need to have the correct lase code, not your TGP if you are the one dropping. If you are the buddy, you need the same codes as your wingman's bombs.

Erm, both the Guidance laser and weapon codes must match, so yes the lasing aircraft must set the correct code.

The individual lasing must set their laser code to match the weapon they are guiding. Although weapon laser codes can be changed in the cockpit in DCS, this is not possible in reality. Laser codes are set on the weapon itself prior to takeoff.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL