Engine fire on landing happening quit often now?

Dudester22

Huston, I have a problem and I have no idea why this could be happening. I would say about 3 out of 7 of my last landing have resulted in a fire in one of the engines. I feel this has something to do with the speed brake, but just to rule this in or out, I am asking here. I would just like to know if applying speed brakes just as you are about to land could cause a fire? I ask this because everything else looks good when I reply it back and it's the only thing I am using alot of when landing. Thankyou!!

Never had an engine fire with speed brakes on... And I always land with speed brakes on.

My guess is you have the bird strike option set too high in the gameplay menu.

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

100% during the summer season sounds about right.

There for it is working as intended.

Instead of setting the slider down, I suggest you implement some soldiers with M4's around the airfield so they will shoot and scare the birds.

This way you have it as close to real life as it should.

100% during the summer season sounds about right.

There for it is working as intended.

Instead of setting the slider down, I suggest you implement some soldiers with M4's around the airfield so they will shoot and scare the birds.

This way you have it as close to real life as it should.

I have a better idea where can I get a Scarecrow mod from? But come to think of it, I'm sure it was an ostrich that got sucked into my engine last time and I don't think ostriches are scared of Scarecrows.

I have a similar problem except with Igla-strikes. I was unable to find an associated slider in the options.

:lol:

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

I have a better idea where can I get a Scarecrow mod from? But come to think of it, I'm sure it was an ostrich that got sucked into my engine last time and I don't think ostriches are scared of Scarecrows.

That ostrich should be scared, I've been single for a year and a half and I love leggy birds:megalol: