BO-105 PAH1A1 progress news

The_Fragger

BO-105 PAH1A1 progress news  

1601 members have voted

1. 1. BO-105 PAH1A1 progress news

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont't care

image.pngimage.pngKeine Fotobeschreibung verfügbar.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

Thanks @The_Fragger for the screenshots. The one with the model editor tool was particularly interesting (I'm always curious to see what tools/configuration/layout the experts are using). The 3D model itself looks really great, as always. We really appreciate your attention to detail!

Has there been any word from Razbam on when they'll start coding? They gave a recent interview with Tactical Pascale... it was mostly about their Falklands map, but they touched on their other aircraft modules too. But Tactical Pascale failed to ask about the Bo-105. Just wondering if their has been any work done by Razbam since they took on the project?

• Like 4

What xvii-Dietrich said... I wish we could get some kind of update- like at least an assurance that the Bo is considered an official WIP for the team... It sure will be interesting to see a fully rigid rotor system (the Mi-8 is fully articulating, correct?) and what kind of awesome maneuverability we can see in the Bo.

• Like 2

WOW.

Seen a lot of 3d work before (without textures), but this is simply awesome, BEFORE the addition of textures?!?!?  

This ought to be looking amazing by the time it has a good texture in-game!

Even though I'm from Canada and we have almost none of these here, this was my first favorite helicopter as a kid in the 1970's. It just looked cool. It looked like it should fly like a hawk!  Then as a young teenager, I saw one in Victoria Canada, at the Coast Guard station, but not flying. It wasn't until a military exercise in the re-united Germany in the fall of 1990 that I finally saw one of these flying, and of course it was the German anti-tank version!  No, I don't know if it had HOT or TOW, memory is a bit hazy as that's a long LONG time ago, but it made an impression! I think the pilot saw me looking at it and decided to fly a bit closer so I could get a better look! Probably about 20m above the ground (60ft ?), but again, fuzzy memory.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2021 at 3:01 PM, Rick50 said:

WOW.

Seen a lot of 3d work before (without textures), but this is simply awesome, BEFORE the addition of textures?!?!?  

This ought to be looking amazing by the time it has a good texture in-game!

Even though I'm from Canada and we have almost none of these here, this was my first favorite helicopter as a kid in the 1970's. It just looked cool. It looked like it should fly like a hawk!  Then as a young teenager, I saw one in Victoria Canada, at the Coast Guard station, but not flying. It wasn't until a military exercise in the re-united Germany in the fall of 1990 that I finally saw one of these flying, and of course it was the German anti-tank version!  No, I don't know if it had HOT or TOW, memory is a bit hazy as that's a long LONG time ago, but it made an impression! I think the pilot saw me looking at it and decided to fly a bit closer so I could get a better look! Probably about 20m above the ground (60ft ?), but again, fuzzy memory.

Here's some Bo105 pron for you:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

It's coming true. I am looking forward to.

• Like 3

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

I'm gonna buy this as soon as it becomes available, no matter the state of it. 

Fragger deserves my money for all the toils he has had.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Anything with a Rotary Wing is fun and challenging.

Use SRS radio.

Saitek X55 Modding

System Specs

Mixed Metals: i7 4790K@4.6, 32GB Kingston HyperX ram@2400Mhz, Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5, ASUS Vega 64, 3xSamsung SSD drives, FSP Aurum 1000W PSU, Custom watercooling with EK blocks, Vive, Virpil MT 50, X55 throttle.

Been following Fragger's efforts for many years now. Over half a decade in fact. BO-105 itself is a very interesting little helo too.

And this model of "one entity doing the 3D work, other programming" is something I wanted to be reality in DCS for many years. As it can mean more things can be feasible for us end users to get. So I am eager to support this endeavor and see how it goes.

• Like 5

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I agree totally. A first minute buy for me. And an incredible journey to watch the development. The BO-105 is a major game changer in helicopter technology, it simply deserves an adequate simulation. From what I have seen over the last years, this will be it. So much looking forward to it.

I just hope it will have the removeable hardpoints as the UH-1, to allow "growing into" and to use it for non-shooting missions.

Edited by rato65
  • Like 3

Seen this morning (07-Apr-2021) on the Bo105 channel on the Razbam discord by one of the Razbam team working on the Bo 105. This is not new or unexpected, but it is re-confirming that the PAH will be first and that other versions are still planned. Just posting it here for those not on discord.

Bo105-discord_2021-04-07.png

• Like 4

Nibbylot? Is that the guy who made this cool AH-6 Mod?

• Like 1

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

• 1 month later...

Some more progress was posted on the RAZBAM Discord in the last few days. I'm just repeating it here for those who are not on Discord.

On the weekend, Nibbylot (the coder) said that they were now working on the internal lighting code.

Then today, Fragger posted a video of this working (I've posted a single screenshot from that here).

The textures and details are missing for the purposes of the test, but the lighting code seems to be working very nicely.

I really appreciate them keeping us informed.  🙂

bo105_status_20210508.png

bo105_status_2021-05-10.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 4/7/2021 at 3:21 PM, Rick50 said:

Looks like it! 

That's very very!

Curious if he was already at Raz or if they hired him because of the Littlebird mod?

Hired because of the mod

3 hours ago, xvii-Dietrich said:

Some more progress was posted on the RAZBAM Discord in the last few days. I'm just repeating it here for those who are not on Discord.

On the weekend, Nibbylot (the coder) said that they were now working on the internal lighting code.

Then today, Fragger posted a video of this working (I've posted a single screenshot from that here).

The textures and details are missing for the purposes of the test, but the lighting code seems to be working very nicely.

I really appreciate them keeping us informed.  🙂

bo105_status_20210508.png

bo105_status_2021-05-10.jpg

Just to clarify, that video is not in game but in modelviewer, and the internal lights are not yet coded (although a very simple system to code). The Fragger is finishing up the animations of the new model before I am able to code some of those things

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, nibbylot said:

Just to clarify, that video is not in game but in modelviewer, and the internal lights are not yet coded (although a very simple system to code). The Fragger is finishing up the animations of the new model before I am able to code some of those things

Thanks for the clarification.

In any case, it is great to see solid progress on all these sorts of things too. It also helps us appreciate the intermediate steps between those first screenshots of what looks like a complete 3D model, and the actual, working module once it is released.

• Like 1

This evening @The_Fraggerposted four more screenshots on the RAZBAM Discord of the ongoing work with the Bo 105 lighting. These are presumably from the model viewer.

Note, just to be clear, I (sadly) do _not_ work for MilTech5 or RAZBAM. I'm just cross-posting their material here for those people who are not using Discord. (I certainly appreciate it when others do this sort of thing.)

img_20210513b.png

img_20210513a.png

img_20210513d.png

img_20210513c.png

Edited by xvii-Dietrich
(Added some extra space around the images)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6

On 3/8/2021 at 8:57 PM, R0NiN said:

Here's some Bo105 pron for you:

That is.... anyone can do things at the high altitude...

But this old coldie...

That thing is so crazy in agility.... Hopefully the FM will be properly done....  

Look at the 01:30 part in second video.... 

On 5/13/2021 at 8:39 PM, xvii-Dietrich said:

Note, just to be clear, I (sadly) do _not_ work for MilTech5 or RAZBAM. I'm just cross-posting their material here for those people who are not using Discord. (I certainly appreciate it when others do this sort of thing.)

And KUDOS for that!

It is unforgivable that module news and progress reports are not made first here - in the Official DCS forum. But in a private Discord channel that majority doesn't even use, or never find anything from there years to come. History is important, why there should be a record about it. 

Edited by Fri13
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.