BO-105 PAH1A1 progress news

The_Fragger

BO-105 PAH1A1 progress news  

1601 members have voted

1. 1. BO-105 PAH1A1 progress news

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont't care

Looking really really good, Fragger! If I'm going to be nitpicking I'd say the cheekbones look a little undefined, but it may be the angle of the screenshots. Can't wait to get my hands on this beaut!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The_Fragger said:

Ok , dann mach ich die weg.

Yeah, that would be correct as these wings on the rank insignia denote Luftwaffe (Air Force) ranks, but the Heeresflieger (Army Aviation) are part of the Heer (Army) and thus should not have wings on their rank insignia. Instead they should have grey Litzen (laces) on it, to denote them as Heeresflieger.
That's how it should be officially, but in reality I have also seen army pilots wearing air force rank insigina (with the wings on them), just because they felt like it, even though it's formally not correct.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 5/5/2022 at 9:12 AM, Plokkum said:

Looking really really good, Fragger! If I'm going to be nitpicking I'd say the cheekbones look a little undefined, but it may be the angle of the screenshots. Can't wait to get my hands on this beaut!

Yep. I used a photo of myself when I was 20 Years younger 🙂

Edited by The_Fragger
spelling
  • Like 3

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

I told myself I wasn't going to buy any more DCS modules after the Hornet. But I was deceiving myself. Then I told myself I wouldn't buy any more after the F-16. Then the Hind. Then the Apache.

This time I know I will buy the BO105, so I won't kid myself.

I love that expression from Fragger: " high Blade bitch" 🤣 but was he referring to the aircraft or the noise? 😂

• Like 2

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

On 5/4/2022 at 9:52 PM, Gizmo03 said:

Graue Litzen sollten es sein 😉 (weiss jetzt aber nicht, ob die auch am Combi getragen werden und erst recht nicht, wenn die Dienstgradabzeichen aufgenäht sind). Aber Schwingen gibt es meines Wissens nur bei der LW, welche ja nicht die Bo eingesetzt hat.
Aber ob Schwingen oder Litzen: sieht fantastisch aus. (Anyway: looks fantastic. Great Job).

Edit:

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=397908775675581&set=a.368377195295406

Found this on FB right now.

So we have Jester, Petrovic, George and what‘s next? Scarface? 😄

Graue Litzen werden am Kombi nicht getragen aufgrund der FoD Gefahr. Genauso wenig wird jegliche Art von Mütze auf dem Vorfeld getragen. (Bevor das Klugscheißen losgeht: ja ich habe Fliegerkombi getragen und ja ich weiß wovon ich rede 😄).

Sorry for the german just had to explain some things regarding the flightsuit.

Edited by Lt.Seahawk

DCS F-14 Tomcat Alley Discord Server:

Tell them….. 😄
At the end i don‘t care because it doesn‘t matter 😉
I mean - landing on a gras covered field between bushes and trees for rearming and refueling but not wearing them for FoD prevention?
Anyway - thanks for clarifying 😉

(Soll kein klugscheissen sein - meinetwegen könnten auch die Wings dran bleiben - ist nicht ausschlaggebend für den Hubschrauber 😉 - zumindest nicht für mich)

4DEC0474-6AAA-4FDA-8E7D-DA2684B693BC.jpeg

4EAC60E8-52C5-4714-A957-DB2213658A06.jpeg

Edited by Gizmo03

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, any news about progress? I think, the last offcial news was on December'21.

ETA = 2022, is it possible  :bye_2:?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 5/13/2022 at 12:50 PM, Johnny Dioxin said:

I told myself I wasn't going to buy any more DCS modules after the Hornet. But I was deceiving myself. Then I told myself I wouldn't buy any more after the F-16. Then the Hind. Then the Apache.

This time I know I will buy the BO105, so I won't kid myself.

I love that expression from Fragger: " high Blade bitch" 🤣 but was he referring to the aircraft or the noise? 😂

Sorry ! lol ! I meant the high Blade Pitch Noise

Edited by The_Fragger
grammar
  • Like 3

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

20 hours ago, Caleb Taylor said:

it is the only helicopter capable of doing aerobatics

cant the ah64 do aerobatics 

Wishlist:f4e,f4j,f4g,f4e aup,f8,f6f,f4u,f15e,ah1g/w,fr fireball,a7d,g91,jaguar,f1,ch53e.

3 minutes ago, NoodI said:

cant the ah64 do aerobatics 

Eh... Apache can do a few moves, but it can't dance like the  Bo-105 can!!! 

And the Longbow D is more freight train than ballet dancer... the Bo-105 is more Cirque du Soleil performer, defying gravity as if doing so it's entire life!

Edited by Rick50
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 9:58 AM, Caleb Taylor said:

For the BO 105, it's a piece of cake. To this day, it is the only helicopter capable of doing aerobatics

Not really.

No helicopter can fly sustained inverted because of the asymmetrical collective range. Some RC model helicopters can do when they have a symmetrical range on the collective.

When flying a role or a looping in a helicopter the pilot has to use the impulse of movement to fly the helicopter through the part where it has no lift. Actually every helicopter will definitely lose hight when in inverted position so no helicopter (also not the BO-105) can fly a role without losing a reasonable amount of hight.

I had the privilege to see the beginning of BO-105 aerobatics when pilots like Charly Zimmermann of the Bundeswehr started to pull off the first loopings. They were by far not as refined as we know it from the Red Bull team today. On average from 5 attempted loops only 3 worked. In the remaining 2 cases the helicopter just fell out of the sky and the pilot had to regain control on his way to earth.

As every helicopter the BO-105 is not an aerobatic machine by nature. It seems that the BO-105 just proved to be quite robust and good-natured in undesirable flight conditions compared to other helicopters and therefore created enough confidence for the pilot that he has some safety margin when things go wrong . Although the cracks in the rotor blades showing up soon after the aerobatic madness started proved that the BO-105 was just an ordinary mortal machine as any other helicopter.

The chief pilot of Salzburg Red Bull helicopter team Siegfried "Blacky" Schwarz once said: A helicopter does not want to fly aerobatics - in contrast to a fixed wing aerobatic plane you will always need brute force to do so in a helicopter.

Little known fun fact: The CH-53 displayed a looping when it was first presented to the public.

As long as a helicopter doesn’t have a semi-rigid teetering rotorhead system (like the Huey) it will be able to fly roles and loopings - at least in theory. Practically it is not advisable.

Edited by Rifter
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 5/5/2022 at 9:29 AM, QuiGon said:

Yeah, that would be correct as these wings on the rank insignia denote Luftwaffe (Air Force) ranks, but the Heeresflieger (Army Aviation) are part of the Heer (Army) and thus should not have wings on their rank insignia. Instead they should have grey Litzen (laces) on it, to denote them as Heeresflieger.
That's how it should be officially, but in reality I have also seen army pilots wearing air force rank insigina (with the wings on them), just because they felt like it, even though it's formally not correct.

Love those tiny details!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Pilot rigging Madness 🙂

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Rigging Done ! Thought I do some Character-Posing

Ist möglicherweise ein Bild von 2 Personen, Luftfahrzeug und außen

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2022 at 12:49 PM, Rifter said:
On 6/10/2022 at 9:58 AM, Caleb Taylor said:

For the BO 105, it's a piece of cake. To this day, it is the only helicopter capable of doing aerobatics

Not really.

I guess what he meant is that the Bo-105 is the only helicopter that is approved for aerobatics. So basically there is only the Bo-105 for civilians like Red Bull to do this.

On 7/26/2022 at 6:40 PM, Lynnux said:

I guess what he meant is that the Bo-105 is the only helicopter that is approved for aerobatics. So basically there is only the Bo-105 for civilians like Red Bull to do this.

Well, the Bo 105 is not generally approved for aerobatics. Only the Red Bull Bo 105’s are officially approved for aerobatics (2 in the US and 2 in Europe).

What Red Bull never talks about: That comes with horrendous safety requirements. There is an incredible high acceleration factor of 100 for the part swap of several hard time parts. So for example, if the regular exchange interval for a hard time part is 1000 flight hours then in the Red Bull helicopters it has to be swapped after already 10 flight hours.

Since the Bo 105 is a legacy model, the market for spare parts is shrinking. And those Red Bull helicopters are eating up the remaining spare parts in a frightening speed and will probably have an impact on the remaining service time of all other Bo 105’s on the world.

Edited by Rifter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Grabbing the eye of Sauron 🙂 (WIP)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

👍👍👍Very Cool!!!

• Like 2

DCS MT 2.9.3.51704
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - FC3 - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO105 - CH-47F - AH-1G(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer)

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

On 7/30/2022 at 4:27 AM, Rifter said:

Since the Bo 105 is a legacy model, the market for spare parts is shrinking. And those Red Bull helicopters are eating up the remaining spare parts in a frightening speed and will probably have an impact on the remaining service time of all other Bo 105’s on the world.

Oh wow, I  hadn't even considered that, but sounds like you might be right!!  One of the biggest reasons aircraft get retired is the lack of spare parts occuring!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Keine Fotobeschreibung verfügbar.Keine Fotobeschreibung verfügbar.Keine Fotobeschreibung verfügbar.

• Like 11

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

On 9/24/2022 at 10:27 AM, The_Fragger said:

Keine Fotobeschreibung verfügbar.Keine Fotobeschreibung verfügbar.Keine Fotobeschreibung verfügbar.

Die Bilder können nicht geöffnet werden. 🥲

I couldn't open the pictures at first. But it worked when clicking on the placeholder icon.

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

On 9/24/2022 at 10:58 AM, Hiob said:

Die Bilder können nicht geöffnet werden. 🥲

Bei mir ging's gerade. Ich muss dafür aber auf das kleine Platzhalter-Icon drücken, das erscheint nachdem man den Link gedrückt hat. Ist bei vielen Bildern in den Foren so bei mir.

edit: It was just fine for me. But I have to press the small placeholder icon that appears after pressing the link...

Edited by Tom Kazansky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...