Joining random MP servers

Hello,

I have a somewhat weird question about multiplayer.

I have never played DCS MP before , and i do not have any friends that are intrested in flight sims. Are there servers out there that are just open to join , or are all servers in the server browser owned by clans or squads or whatever it's called? I want to join a MP server becouse it seems cool to have others land , takeoff , fly past etc etc while practicing, but i'm a little scared people will shout at me when i just join a random server :S

Also , this has nothing to do with my first question : Is there a way to track or see a list of threads started by yoursellf? I've been posting quite alot of questions on these extremely helpfull forums , and it would be nice to have a way to track them other then adding every thread to my favorites.

Thank you

Multiplayer is whatever you make of it. With that being said I would stick to servers labeled as "training" until you and your mates felt comfortable with joining a mission-based server.

The community here is great and you will find the same people online and they can be a great source of info.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

If your looking for a non-combat server to just fly with others, go check out the Virtual Aerobatic Public Server based out of England. Only a few simple rules, No weapons of any kind under any situation (bannable offense), keep the chat clean - no offensive language, and use the runways to take off and land. The server stays pretty populated and every flyable aircraft in DCS world is available if you have the modules. There are tankers airborne to practice air to air refueling, Aircraft carriers, a time trial race course and many friendly faces.

/Salute

Shahdoh

• Like 1

I would recommend the Virtual Aerobatics Server as it's open to everyone and normally always busy it's for people learning and playing together one of the best. :thumbup:

Yeah VA Server is the best for speeding up the learning curve, and be sure to join the teamspeak server as well, friendly and helpful guys all around and a dangerous amount of laughter :)

By the way if you have the A-10C in your collection and want some help about flight management or general practice (altough I'm far away from being a pro), I spend there a big bunch of time (a.k.a TrailBlazer (fmr. Jeesus)), be my guest.

For the other modules you'll find some other good experts around as well (Huey is the hit of this month)...

TrailBlazer

Yeah VA Server is the best for speeding up the learning curve, and be sure to join the teamspeak server as well, friendly and helpful guys all around and a dangerous amount of laughter :)

By the way if you have the A-10C in your collection and want some help about flight management or general practice (altough I'm far away from being a pro), I spend there a big bunch of time (a.k.a TrailBlazer (fmr. Jeesus)), be my guest.

For the other modules you'll find some other good experts around as well (Huey is the hit of this month)...

Cool , thanks. I do own the A-10 , I'm only missing FC3 and P51

I'd say join whichever MP server has the lowest ping (and at least a few other pilots) and just enjoy. It really is pretty fun, even w/o teamspeak, etc.

You will learn to startup up your plane. You can practice good comms (ie, set radios, contact ATC request startup/taxi/takeoff), you will hear others doing the same (hopefully).

MP is pretty fun. Just be courteous of others, follow the rules, and you'll be ok. :)

I'd say join whichever MP server has the lowest ping (and at least a few other pilots) and just enjoy. It really is pretty fun, even w/o teamspeak, etc.

You will learn to startup up your plane. You can practice good comms (ie, set radios, contact ATC request startup/taxi/takeoff), you will hear others doing the same (hopefully).

MP is pretty fun. Just be courteous of others, follow the rules, and you'll be ok. :)

yeah, what he said. low ping, be polite. you can try AEF's server if you wish. it is in ozzie though so ping might be a bit high for Belgium

Action After Contemplation

I host MP missions on the Ragtag Air Corps server usually between 8 and 9 PM your time. This server as well as Eno's Firehouse and Hollo Pointe servers use the SimHQ Teamspeak server for comms. Click Here for info. All you need to do is register with SimHQ and then log in to their server. You will see who's there and what's happening after logging in.

Edited by Blooze

Here you go.......

http://virtual-aerobatics.com/forum

virtual-aerobatics.teamspeak3.com

no password

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor