HUD not visible in clouds

Hoggorm

Hi,

I've been away for a couple of months, so I've not followed the changes in the latest updates, but while flying today I realised that the HUD became invisible while I was flying in clouds.

Is this correct behaviour?

Thanks

Did you try to change the HUD mode from night to day? This will change the HUD color from Green to Amber....

You can find the HUD mode switch on the Armament HUD Control Panel (AHCP)

HUD_zps2f94b92a.jpg

Edited by Mike Busutil

Can you post a screenshot?

The HUD can be hard to see in certain lighting situations.

There has been no change what I know of.

Please see attatched photos. As I do not know how to take screenshots in game, I've used a camera instead... The Prt Sc button only takes a photo of my desktop.

The first picture is taken about a minute before the other.

As you probably can see, the middle windscreen (With HUD) appear brighter than the side Windows while in clouds.

IMG_2183.JPG

In clouds:

IMG_2184.JPG

If this heading was my desired attack heading I would not be able to see when to drop my bombs...

I have been getting this problem a lot lately. Haven't had an issue with it before, and I've had the same HDR on since the beta. It's annoying but the intensity doesn't help and the night HUD mode doesnt either.

I just switch to all my gauges below the HUD, like HSI, ADI, etc and so forth and figure it out that way. Good practice really.

Maybe you need to zoom into your HUD?

IRL the HUD is right there "in your face" if that makes sense and should be visibly for everything except pointing directly at the sun.

IRL it is common to play with the intensity regularly, the HUD should always be visible but not overpowering to the point where you won't see other aircraft, runway lights and the like.