Need to Change the Coalitions Setup

H-var

I've been making a mission, but now I found it necessary to modify coalitions (country sides) a bit. How can I do this?

Thank you for your help in advance!

The solution: rename your mission file to missionname.miz.zip, and then unzip it. find the file named "mission" and open it with your advanced text editor. In your advanced text editor pick language "lua" and proceed to editing your coalitions.

P.S.: I had a problem where blue coalition AI stopped spawning. I fixed it by creating a new mission with the same coalition setup and then putting the coalitions exactly in the same order as they were placed in the newly created file.

Edited by H-var

2. The DCS MOVIE information!

4. REAL UFO FOOTAGE

I don't trust anything that bleeds for five days, and doesn't die

government: gives me money because of coronavirus

me: spends all money on the missing DCS modules

government: ... you dumbo! We won't give you money anymore

me: It's ok. I don't need anything else - I now have the entire DCS collection

my cat: looking at the empty bowl for a while and goes back to sleep

me: it's hard times, Mig, suck it up!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is possible, but if I recall, it's not simple. You need to edit the mission directly with notepad+ or similar. I don't remember what you need to do exactly, but I know a thread exist with the answer.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Then I must be forgetting a step. However this has been discussed before, I know that with certainty.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Gotta open the file as a zip file and then open the "mission" file itself to move stuff around.

Post 83+ shows some more details on what exactly you need to do: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=47877

This gets asked often enough, I will put writing a wiki article on my todo list.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 3 months later...

Ripcord- you may have your windows set up to not show known extensions- which you'll need to change so that you can change it from zip back to miz. You basically have to go to your control panel if memory serves and go into folder options (may need to look it up I can't remember exactly).

Then when you can see the extensions just change zip to miz.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

ENO, all clear, thanks. I found the folders setting you refer to, now I remember this.

I am unable to load the mission that I edited but that might just mean I messed up the editing. I will try another example to make sure this works.

UPDATE:

No I am not doing this correctly. I made a file called TEST.MIZ and changed the name to Test.zip. Then I extracted it all to a folder called TEST and edited the mission file contained inside that folder, using notepad++.

Somewhere here I am going wrong. I rezip it folder back to a zip file and change the zip extension to miz. What am I doing wrong here?

Edited by Ripcord

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Needs to be test.miz in the ME (corrected from confusion)

For example I can't call a mission Georgia Peach. I need to call it Georgia peach.miz.

If you made it test.miz I bet it would work. For some reason the sim wont see it unless its in there twice. Sorry for the spelling and punctuation- I'm lazy at the end of a night shift on an iPad. Triple threat to the queens beloved English!

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

It is not working. I have tried this many times without success. There are basically two place where to change things : coalition table and country table. But I don't think your mission is not opening because you messed up editing. Most probably when you zipped again the mission files you included the files in their original folder so basically what you have is that the folder of the mission is within a parent folder. Open the archive by double clicking on it and if you see the folder first instead the mission files then that's the problem. Mission files must be in the top level of the archive.

[sIGPIC]OK[/sIGPIC]

Needs to be test.miz(.miz)

:huh:

I dont have a single mission file as *.miz.miz and they all work fine, and yes, I always have my system set to show the extensions. Something else must be going on here for it not to be working.

I use winrar and have it setup to open my *.miz files. I then can open up any file within the *.miz file (without actually extracting it) make the edits, save and the miz file is updated. Then the mission is ready to go, barring that I didnt mess up the file I edited. No renaming required, no extracting and rezipping required. Less steps means less things going wrong. I would focus on the edits being made in the lua file, syntax errors will kill code more then anything.

I'm just saying that you need to make the file name .miz.

You can't make it "Test" in the ME... it won't read it. It needs to be "test.miz."

Either way- I didn't put it right, I'll give you that.

I understand this.

OK look, let's walk thru this step by step.

I have a mission called TEST.miz

Step 1: Change the name to TEST.ZIP using RENAME

Step 2: Unzip to folder called TEST

Step 3: Go into TEST Folder and edit one of three files in there, the mission file, using Notepad++

Step 4: Now what? Zip the TEST folder again?

Step 5: Change TEST.ZIP back to TEST.miz

Do I zip the TEST folder back up to make it TEST.zip again? Because this is what I am doing it isn't working.

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Here's something it will work for you:

1.Install 7zip

2.Right click on the .miz file > 7zip > extract to TEST

You should have now a folder called TEST

3.Edit your .miz file then save it

4.While still in the TEST folder select all files and then right click on one of them > 7zip> compress to TEST.zip

5.Change extension from .zip to .miz

[sIGPIC]OK[/sIGPIC]

Needs to be test.miz(.miz)

:huh:

I dont have a single mission file as *.miz.miz and they all work fine, and yes, I always have my system set to show the extensions. Something else must be going on here for it not to be working.

miz.jpg

Just so you don't think I was crazy-^ is what I Was talking about.

People think that because it says "Mission Files (.miz)" in file type that they don't need to type in .miz... and the file saves just fine... but then when they go to get the mission it doesn't show up in the list.

Anyway- just following up with that.

"ENO"

Nods, I see what you are talking about, but as you admitted to, the previous post did make it sound like it needed to be whatever.miz.miz. Glad thats cleared up. :D

Need to focus on what the actual edits to the lua file are. Sounds like a typo/syntax or structure change that is causing it to not work correctly.