A ticked off user of starforce......

Check this little StarFarce experience out.

His particular problem may be small...but in principle he is 110% correct.

I post this link ...not to start the Starforce=Satan stupidity..

I will say for the record ..for me... there has been no problem except for the huge delay when

alt-tabing out of the game to resolve a quick problem. And I just thought it was windows.

Now I'm going to check this out...

Thanks,

Brett

I just tested this and i appears to be a intial install problem.

After uninstalling the Starforce driver... alt-tabing out was instantaneous...

(the uninstall did mess up my raxo perfectdisk deframenter software and running repair fixed it)

Reinstalled SF and now... alt-tabbing out to the desktop is fast again (at least with FEAR since it's also a memory hog)

With Lock there is a noticable difference now...

When quitting the game... the system would appear to hang for about 15 secs...... now after reinstalling StarFarce... it is very quick to exit out.

Alt tabbing out to desktop is also now.. very quick (as it should be).

So I thinks it's safe to say the article I posted to.. the gent was a bit more

ticked off about non-information than facts ( I have never had a problem burning anything either)

• Like 1

Thanks,

Brett

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

i think him and his friend is stupid, why would they want to flash dvd and cd when they both went faulty at the same time ? obviously if they both started to not burn then its not the drives fault, its probably software. Ok i will not say i like SF, but its here and we gotta put up or shut up. but why he thought that a firmware flash would solve the problem when both drives were not burning is beyond me.

Also i can alt tab out and into lockon within 5 seconds, thats the only game that i have that has SF, maybe others would take longer, i dunno.

Hi Evil...

I would think flashing the DVD drive does make sense..since StarForce is known to have problems with certain (older?) drives...

The whole point of his rant, was that it effects everything and not just a particular game.

Thanks,

Brett

Guest IguanaKing

It may be a legitimate problem, but it seems that its not related to the age of the burner. It might be a specific incompatibility with certain brands of drives though. I have probably one of the oldest possible DVD +RW drives in my system, and SF has caused no problems with it. Although I didn't see any of the author's posts, only the responses to them...I must say that the responses were not particularly attractive to potential new customers. Whether the guy is or isn't, no representative of a software company should immediately accuse someone of trying to crack the game when that person has a problem with copy protection doing something undesirable on his rig...that's just bad form.

It may be a legitimate problem, but it seems that its not related to the age of the burner. It might be a specific incompatibility with certain brands of drives though. I have probably one of the oldest possible DVD +RW drives in my system, and SF has caused no problems with it. Although I didn't see any of the author's posts, only the responses to them...I must say that the responses were not particularly attractive to potential new customers. Whether the guy is or isn't, no representative of a software company should immediately accuse someone of trying to crack the game when that person has a problem with copy protection doing something undesirable on his rig...that's just bad form.

Well.. that's UBI for you... that just don't give a hoot.

It's their way (the best money making way) or the highway....

Thanks,

Brett