VERY VERY NEW with problems

Sorry for not doing the most extensive searching, I know that I have seen you have to input the manual softth resolution into a certain file in order to get it to be seen in the options menu. But everytime I launch the sim in the identified triple screen resolution I get no menu screen and when I hit the esc keep the mouse is not functioning on the screen. Acting like it is focused on another window actually. Also when I end it through the process panel "only way out of the sim" dcs crashes everytime reloading the menu.

any suggestions?

windows 8 64

use softh for the triple screens , I see where the options has 3 screens but it doesn't work unless softth is loaded.

Well seems to have the same issues when typing in 6070x1080, loads the sim but the mouse doesn't react to the screen and dcs main menu crashes every time when I try to return out of the flight loading

Edited by laura

Win8 + SoftTH = can of Worms

As MadTommy mentions, use windowed mode instead and make a good decision how to arrange you monitors in the desktop-properties beforehand. - as DCS is not really multi-monitor compatible at this stage (1.2.4) and a Stacked setup will maybe have a better result as a side-by-side...

Read the guide- follow the link list and Click the first link in my sig to learn more about it.

Edited by PeterP

hmm well softh works for me fine in windows 8 in the other games I use if for. Had not thought about the windowed mode, just not sure if my pc will handle the graphics in windowed mode.

sorry for the delay on response, got fed up trying to get it work, I can't get it to go windowed, I have it unchecked and it still goes full screen. I wanted to get it working due to the sale on the p51 and was very interested in that plane. But will just wait until the next sale and try again.

curious as to why this was moved to the in and out?

Well I got it to work triple screen "horrid performance with or without sli" find that a tad disappointing! anyway I do want to mention I am not very happy with the products, it is a shame really as I have purchased the a-10 the chopper and FC3 and was about to buy the p51 module and really try to learn that, but the amount of work required by a new person in order to get the game to perform decently or even to take advantage of the hardware at hand is just to much. I understand the sim community for the most part but the learning curve for this sim is already very high for someone 100% new, throw in all the forums digging/reading you have to do in order to get things working is daunting!

I believe I will end up putting the flight stick back on the shelf yet again.

Edited by laura

Don't give up so easily Laura I to have been in the same boat here but the community are all very helpful in pointing you in the right direction.

All it takes is some time and a little patience from yourself.

I have absolutely no experience with PC's what so ever apart from the obvious day to day tasks for work when it comes to integrating software and programing I at a loss and scratching my head.

PeterP has some very good mods for this game along with his very precise tutorials on what to do where when and why.

Stick with it the rewards are very satisfying.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

well considering I have spent another full day trying to figure out the simple things of setting up the sim to even work is annoying to say the least, not to mention I am still surprised at the performance, When I first got dcs I was running a phenom 965 BE with radeon 6950 and now run an 8350@4ghz and 2x gtx 660 and still get horrid fps in 1920x1080 with FC3, currently re downloading the A-10 and going to load it up possibly later tonight. So far this has been more an annoyance than fun.