UH-1H Airmobile Mission Pack

Mission pack updated due to script updating to v1.04. This new version of the script introduces a hotfix to solve an error reported by some users that led to server crashing when script points to a nil variable value.

Geloxo,

Excuse my asking here, but what do you consider a squad? Would it be 8 men, 16, 24 or 32. Not all MTOE's (Modified tables of Organization and Equipment) are the same. Do I have to supply both LZs or just one? Sorry if I sound anal, but the Operations Order you laid out doesn't really give enough detail. Also, the sound from I guess HQ on 255.1 is really muffled and not clear at all.

Edited by jdkirk904

Kirk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you talk about mission 4 you need to drop 1 squad of engineers (there are 8 men per squad) + 4 equipment pieceson each LZ. You have a total of 4 squads available at London just in case any is killed or players crash the helicopters with them onboard.

The HQ radio sound is just for ambience. A text message appears as well on top left side of screen giving the details of the new orders at the same time the sound is played.

Edited by geloxo

If you talk about mission 4 you need to drop 1 squad of engineers (there are 8 men per squad) + 4 equipment pieceson each LZ. You have a total of 4 squads available at London just in case any is killed or players crash the helicopters with them onboard.

The HQ radio sound is just for ambience. A text message appears as well on top left side of screen giving the details of the new orders at the same time the sound is played.

Okay, thanks for the clarity.:D

Kirk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Geloxo, thanks very much for your time and effort in creating these missions. A small group of friends from another discussion board are looking for MP missions with some thought put into them and these seem like just the trick. We tried playing M02 - Death Valley last night. Had a little trouble locating the enemy, but I'm guessing that's intentionally part of the mission design?

We eventually found them attacking the small towns across the bay near FB Apache (? - I think that was the name) - are their attack directions dynamic?

A quick question - you linked to Vietnam-era custom skins on the first page of this thread, but the links now seem to go to a section of the downloads site which is empty - it returns a "Element is not found" result. Have the skins been removed intentionally or is there some other reason for this?

Edited by Kozure

Thanks kozure. Yes the idea is to hide infantry in difficult places, as you would do if a chopper attacked you. Since mission 3 the AI is intended to be random. They will move and behave different each time mission is played. Missions 1 and 2 do not have so much dynamic AI as others, but inserted troops will move randomly as well to engage enemy.

Regarding the NAM era skins they are made by Home Fries. I have seen that he updated some files recently, so probably the links are updated as well and wait for moderator approval.

Thanks kozure. Yes the idea is to hide infantry in difficult places, as you would do if a chopper attacked you. Since mission 3 the AI is intended to be random. They will move and behave different each time mission is played. Missions 1 and 2 do not have so much dynamic AI as others, but inserted troops will move randomly as well to engage enemy.

Regarding the NAM era skins they are made by Home Fries. I have seen that he updated some files recently, so probably the links are updated as well and wait for moderator approval.

Thanks for the reply, Geloxo. A couple of other questions.

Last night we gathered four guys to play M04-Frontline. We dutifully flew four equipment packages and one engineer squad to LZ Alpha and Bravo, but then nothing happened - the bases were not built and the Chinooks did not arrive. We even tried flying additional engineers out in case we had made a mistake and not brought enough men, but even with two squads at both bases, nothing happened.

When playing four player multi-player on a player-run server, is there anything else we need to do to create the bases and get the Chinooks flying once we ferry the equipment and engineers to the right place?

The engineers are the infantry squads standing north of the equipment trucks NNE of the helipads, correct? Not the ones by the LAVs, but the ones lined up directly north of each truck?

The troops are those ones next to the trucks, yeap. Try downloading the latest version of the missions, as there was an error in early versions of M04. Anyway, the other possibility is that you did not unload the items or troops inside the trigger area on the LZs (remember to use F10 & F1/F2 to unload troops and materials).

To be 100% sure the unloading should be somewhere between the green smoke and the tents. You can open the mission and unhide the triggers to check which is the proper area, or edit it and enlarge the radius of those triggers, as you prefer.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd try out these in SP just to get a look and feel. MO1 was very good for lots of takeoff and landing practice in varied terrain shuffling troops around.

MO2 Death Valley started out with fps so low it was unplayable right from the get go. On a whim I went into the mission editor and shut off the rain. Fps jumped to a more then acceptably smooth rate. Even flying formation with the 6 other choppers all the way down through the valley was very good. Amazing how much affect a few rain drops had on fps.

I have a quad, i7 3.4, Nvidea with a pile of video ram, Win 8

Razer Game Booster

Edited by lorenzoj

• 1 month later...

I use the skins.... true that I needed to fix 42 of them since the "civ_" problem :)

Also I want to report 2 problems that I've seen in the first mission... only. It could be a very well bug of 1.2.6 but I would like to ask if someone else seen this:

1. The tracers from miniguns disappear after a while. People that reconnect see again the tracers but I as host never in that session.

2. All works smooth for one hour or so but then it starts to kicks players out. In other missions of mine I haven't observed this. My internet connection is OK... Not all players are kicked. Also the replay is damaged... meaning in replay I crash at the start of the mission (although I didn't) and all is over.

And here is a little movie from first mission with Airmobile. Is not edited (beside music). And some of us had some alcohol in the system :D

gX-FvgTyCGw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 3 months later...
@geloxo,

One easy way around that, and that is to include the skins with the mission. All you need is permission, and you have that from me as long as you credit me in a readme file. Even if the client doesn't have the skin, they will still see a default skin, so there is no loss in doing it this way.

Offer still stands; I've been itching to do some more aviation companies, and if you have something in mind (101st AD, 1st Cav, Medevacs) I'll see what I can do.

Would be awesome to see 129th AHC RazorBacks !!

Would be awesome to see 129th AHC RazorBacks !!

The only site I've been able to find is http://www.129th.net/. If you have anything like a picture of a 129th Huey (and Cobra), preferably in profile (the only pics on the website are from the nose) I'd like to see it. Also, if you know how the platoons were marked, and in what timeframe that would be great as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Looks like no one has been in this thread for a long time. The missions really need a rework for 1.5 and I was hoping the author would be able to get us updated ones. They won't work now, a lot of triggers and other things are failing.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

• 3 weeks later...

If someone knows where to find the init file CTTS.lua it could be loaded by the first trigger in the editor and the mission would probably work. 1.5.3 is not running the init files. I have been able to get all the Deck script missions with the NewHuey.lua init file to work this way. I can't find the CTTS.lua for these missions...

If someone knows where to find the init file CTTS.lua it could be loaded by the first trigger in the editor and the mission would probably work. 1.5.3 is not running the init files. I have been able to get all the Deck script missions with the NewHuey.lua init file to work this way. I can't find the CTTS.lua for these missions...

Just open the mission files with a zip file viewer, the CTTS.lua is in each mission.

To save you the trouble here are the missions in DCS 1.5x format, with a few fixes applied.

• Runs Mist 4xxx.lua on mission start to fix script errors
  • Runs CTTS.lua on mission start
  • Place holder put in for the script sound files so they dont get throwen away
  • Added Radio transmission in Mission 1 so that Ride of valkryes plays on 40mhz FM.
  • NOT WORKING - BeaconAM and FM scripting doesn't seem to be out putting the sound files to the radio frequencies, I assume the format has changed since version dcs 1.216.
  • NOT WORKING - Probably a lot of other script things, but haven't check throughly, and lua scripts are out of my league to fix.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

thanks for the mission fixes -- we got smoke!

but I still don't quite understand how to find the .lua files. I tried a zip viewer but it would not open a .miz file. It only opens .zip and .rar files. Can you elaborate a little more....

thanks

randy

I found post on how to extract the .lua file but I think I just need the right zip viewer. I can't find WinRar on my computer or the app store. What zip viewer do you use?

thanks

randy

I use a program call Total Commander for all of my file and directory management, it will look inside archive files like zip, rar, etc, just as if it was a directory, without any unpacking, just copy, delete, move, replace files.

or you can just rename the mission files to .zip and use Winzip, z-zip, winrar and others to unpack and view the mission files.

Just google "zip file managers" or "Total Commander" and download and install

Cheers.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

• 4 years later...

Hey there... :)

Any chance for these mission to be made to work on current OB 2.5.6.47404?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least