Choosing Liveries

I have probably the dumbest question. Well here goes, how does one change paint or "liveries" schemes on aircraft, helo's, etc...:doh::doh::doh: I have downloaded from the ed main site the vietnam liveries and was wondering how to choose the one I want since they are all in the liveries folder.

Edited by Grey_Spike_66

You choose the aircraft scheme when you create your mission. It isn't possible as far as I know to choose your paint scheme if you join someone else's server. It's all done in the mission editor. You place the aircraft in your mission and when you click the tab to change the weapons/fuel load out inside the editor, the paint schemes are in a drop down tab at the bottom.

For those of you who are trying to do the same thing, here's a link to a thread I started that helped to get the model viewer working as well as posted the stock A-10 skins as a start. perhaps someone could carry it on with other aircraft?

STOCK LIVERIES

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

This is one part thats sorely lacking with DCS. Maybe I've been spoilt by IL2 1946 where you choose your livery from a dropdown list and you download custom skins from the server. Surely you can implement something like this in DCS?

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

For those of you who are trying to do the same thing, here's a link to a thread I started that helped to get the model viewer working as well as posted the stock A-10 skins as a start. perhaps someone could carry it on with other aircraft?

STOCK LIVERIES

Wow... this is an eye opener for those of us who have recently purchased a number of new (to us) modules.. there might be a treasure trove of skins I've not yet seen! Thanks for your effort here, and in posting all those skins over there.

Upgrading Flight Sim computers since the Apple ][.