Will the 1.2.5 version support 4 core CPU and 4G+ consumption of RAM

Lao Fei Mao

I love love DCS very much, but the FPS sharp desrease problem totally spoiled the great game when multiple explosion happened. Some guys said it's beacuse the DCS doesn't support the multiple cpu core, and I notice the DCS.exe consumes no more than 2G in RAM, so my wishes for 1.2.5 version: Supports more cpu core and consumes 4g+ RAM...

I'm pretty sure DCS: World already has the capacity to consume greater amounts of RAM, as it is a 64bit application. It could be that the mission size doesn't warrant that.

Using more than the current two cores or threads is a large undertaking, and likely cannot be done without a new engine. Fortunately, that's something which is being worked on.

As Rusty said.

DCS uses one core for the simulation, graphics,... + a second core for the sound engine.

The 'full' multicore / multithread support would not come before the new DCS graphic engine core (EDGE).

By the way, as DCS is 64bit app, it does presently support/address 4gigs+ of RAM.

How it works, how it is distributed (RAM, VRAM - graphics-A.I.-sound-models-simulation-...) is a total mystery to me.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

I've seen DCS consume 12+ gigs of RAM online. This is unfortunately due to the occasional memory leak, which results in a crash, but its consuming it... Of all the elements of the sim which could use a separate thread, sound is probably the least intensive. It does still help either way for sure, but the AI being separate would probably help greatly. The eventual move to DX11 has the benefit of multi-threaded rendering.

I think right now 4+ gigs of ram is a no because the 32bit version and I also think moving forward they should go exclusively 64bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 3930K @ 4.7Ghz | 980ti | 32gb Ram | Windows 10 64 bit | 840 Pro SSD

Thrustmaster Warthog | VKB Gunfighter Pro | Slaw Device RX Viper | Acer Predator X34