Jagged Cockpit Shadows

Is there any particular reason why I get jagged cockpit shadows with the following settings?

Shadows: High or Medium

AA: 8xQ or 16xQ

TSSAA: On

Cockpit Shadows: On

Textures: Medium

Scene: High

I've tried searching but the only result that related had someone improve their shadow visibility by putting shadows on high, while for me that change showed now difference.

Is there some setting I should set via my video card control panel that would address this? Doesn't seem like AA has any effect on the shadows, or at least minimal with regards to what I'm experiencing.

Reference pic attached.

1968887397_dcs2013-07-0123-12-46-56.thumb.png.a7a3c51b15c37bcd2dc90a6883b28b57.png

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

• 1 month later...

Well, no one ever replied to you.

This is normal for current version of DCS World (1.2.5). This is caused by technique chosen how cockpit shadows are mapped. Well on the other hand this is resource friendly way to render such live shadows.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Is there any particular reason why I get jagged cockpit shadows with the following settings?

Shadows: High or Medium

AA: 8xQ or 16xQ

TSSAA: On

Cockpit Shadows: On

Textures: Medium

Scene: High

I've tried searching but the only result that related had someone improve their shadow visibility by putting shadows on high, while for me that change showed now difference.

Is there some setting I should set via my video card control panel that would address this? Doesn't seem like AA has any effect on the shadows, or at least minimal with regards to what I'm experiencing.

Reference pic attached.

Ya, I get that too. Not overly pretty when you're zoomed in but if it prevents a big performance hit ...