Giving up on the Huey till its patched

W1ndy

I don't believe it would be that unstable. So much effort to just land seems unlikely. Fingers crossed that it's looked at otherwise its a waste of money in my case. Too boring just trying to manage the thing.

• Like 1

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe it would be that unstable. So much effort to just land seems unlikely. Fingers crossed that it's looked at otherwise its a waste of money in my case. Too boring just trying to manage the thing.

Practise. It takes me little effort to land having practised FF to hover transition alot :thumbup:

'Frett'

Don't give up, mate! :thumbup:

It definitely wasn't easy at first but having some previous experience with the Black Shark did help. You need a minimum of 10 hours to really get use to the Huey. I would suggest you give it a little more time before you completely give up. It most likely won't be any easier once the full version is out.

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Quitter come on it is by no means boring this Huey is the most fun I have had in a long time it is by all accounts back to brass tacks no electronic gizmos to help you fly it or land it.

Fixed wing aircraft are childs play compared to the Huey.

And if anyone thinks its wrong or over done just go over to you tube and check out real footage of Hueys landing even look at the Hueys in the beginning of the first Predator movie look at how they twist and turn and wobble around whilst trying to get into hover.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

So is this how it would really be to land the Huey? If it is why with all the technology they have would they make it so hard to land?

What technology???

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I like the flight model of release. Don't change it!!!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I can't land either, but the challenge keeps bringing me back. I have done it once, and that gives me hope I will do it again. Either way, it is so much fun trying to control this beast, more so than any button pushing I have done in the A10C.

Dell XPS 7100 = AMD 1075T Phenom II (6 cores @ 3.0ghz). 6 GB DDR3 RAM. AMD HD 5870 1 GB, Win 7 64 Bit, Track IR 4, X52 Pro, CH rudder pedals. 22" Dell Full HD LED monitor.

Huey is perfect as it is... it is hard flying a helicopter IRL and needs practice.

• Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

This is what happens with real world flight with out proper controls. You have a cheap joy stick and no rudder pedals. So it's not going to be easy to fly at all. Add real world controls then you will find flight is much easier. This is a simulator if you want easy play BF3 or Arma 3

Dell XPS 8500 Modified

700 Watt PSU

Windows 8 Pro MCE

Intel I7 3770 3.8 GHZ TR (stock)

16GB DDR 3 PC12800

Gigabyte 760 OC 2.0GB

2x 2TB HD

This is what happens with real world flight with out proper controls. You have a cheap joy stick and no rudder pedals. So it's not going to be easy to fly at all. Add real world controls then you will find flight is much easier. This is a simulator if you want easy play BF3 or Arma 3

Well I have a FF2 and pedals and they weren't cheap. Also I dont play BF3 or Arma.

I enjoy the seat of the pants feel. I really enjoy it - but almost all my time and energy goes into landing it without breaking it. I just don't believe that the real chopper had that rate of destruction. I appreciate the positive comments though and I'm not accustomed to complaining on forums, it just seems to me to be wrong.

This is what motivates me:

6AOpomu9V6Q

I consider the translations from moving to hover in or close to ground effect just bugged (I really dislike the visual vibrations that seems overdone)... so maybe later a fix/tune will be pushed with an update.

I am no pilot whatsoever but that VVI is going up and down like one from a glider in clouds when coming to land and seems inertia it's a bit... low? But I may be horribly wrong. Also I can't stop it completely from flying like a fish... you know... wobbling its tail... I trim it... I have FFB... I let it be just to calm it self but... still kicking that tail. And it's flying hands free no problem... but like a fish :D.

Maybe when I reach 10 hours it will be better... will see.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I land very easily all the time:helpsmilie: .......with varying degrees of force:doh:

So dont give into it, show a bit of $%^& about you and get stuck into the machine, its just practice.:pilotfly:

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Next thing were going to here is where do you plug in your xbox controller? LoL...

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

Just be patient. I played splinter cell chaos theory for about 6 years and was still learning stuff up until the end in multiplayer and all the glitches and everyone had a good time. You don't have to learn anything you don't want to just enjoy your life. Theres a game for everyone. I just prefer being inside a woman while flying a huey helicopter! Gives mast bumping a new meaning huh! lol

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series