Giving up on the Huey till its patched

W1ndy

Cyclic collective and pedals was around 1300 when I got it. I'm not sure now with the improved version. Might as well try and write to them if you're interested. They're a cracking bunch, and give excellent customer support when needed...

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£540 if you are in th eUK or have to pay VAT on it!

Well out of my league I am afraid :(

Thats the price for one! controller. So for cyclic and collective we have 1080 GBP. The pedals are extra.

Sniped...

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Spas79, how would that cyclic stick work for fixed wing like in ROF? I understand there is no return spring?

Exactly as a cyclic would work for fixed wing in real life: rubbish... You can still manage but an X52 off eBay at 50GBP does a better job.

You're quite right. No return spring. It is floppy...

Edited by SPAS79

Just to throw a cat amongst the pigeons re landing.

I got a serving Huey pilot mate of mine to have a go with the module the other day. I haven't had time to play with my curves, so they are set stock.

Having never used TrackIR or played any sim games before, he had no probs starting up, and was hovering very stable in about 10 secs once he got used to the controls. He then had a fly about but then completely stoved the aircraft into the ground when attempting to land.

Overall he was really impressed with the module, the attention to detail, and he said all the sound was spot on. He did feel that the landing physics were not quite right, and felt the VRS was over modeled. He said that VRS is something they hardly worry about in the Huey.

This is of course all completey subjective and only after around an hour of flying about.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

I got a serving Huey pilot mate of mine to have a go with the module the other day. I haven't had time to play with my curves, so they are set stock.

Having never used TrackIR or played any sim games before, he had no probs starting up, and was hovering very stable in about 10 secs once he got used to the controls. He then had a fly about but then completely stoved the aircraft into the ground when attempting to land.

Overall he was really impressed with the module, the attention to detail, and he said all the sound was spot on. He did feel that the landing physics were not quite right, and felt the VRS was over modeled. He said that VRS is something they hardly worry about in the Huey.

This is of course all completey subjective and only after around an hour of flying about.

Try the fix I mentioned a few pages earlier and then have your friend try it again and I will bet he won't crash it and will say the VRS is now correct.. (I think you have the same issue the op had and I had regarding the auto updater..)

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

That's the one thing I do love about this sim. The sound is very very accurate to the real thing.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

OK I had a similar thread earlier and we went round and round for about 2 weeks before I tried the following.. (Which fixed the issue COMPLETELY for me.) try the following:

OK so after a lot of thought I decided to take a closer look at the version of DCS I am using and yep it is the latest and greatest... HOWEVER... Since there doesn't seem to be a way to figure out the last revision # for the individual modules installed.. (At least I can't figure out how to do this) I decided to look at what the latest download revision is compared to the one I used when I last loaded DCS... Interestingly, the one I used ended in 168 and the latest download is 186.. So I downloaded 186, fully uninstalled the previous module, rebooted and reloaded the latest and greatest and guess what? I have not augered into the ground EVEN ONE TIME since re-installing the latest module.. As a matter of fact I have not even gotten a single whiff of VRS or settling with power issues...

NO IDEA WHY, but it appears that the auto-updater although appearing to work fine is not.. (At least for me anyway.) And yes I tried multiple times to manually force DCS to look for any updates and all appeared to be well..

So for anyone out there that agreed that there may be something wrong, I strongly urge you to try what I tried and see if it resolves the issue for you as well, as this is much more enjoyable now that I am not hitting VRS every time I blink my friggin eyes...

It is VERY important that you download the latest module

THEN

Uninstall the current module using the module Manager

THEN RESTART YOUR MACHINE

and then reload the latest module..

If you don't do things in that order exactly as shown it will not help..

So I've been re-reading this post for a bit trying to decide if I want to try it or not. I've decided to....however I can't find the latest patch on any download page on the DCS website and I'm not sure how to JUST uninstall the latest patch. Do I need to re-download the UH-1 module and uninstall it?

DCS is awesome and I like a lot of it but it doesn't work like many of the games I've dug into before so I get a little lost in it. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think you may be on to something here, or its just placebo. I as well, reinstalled the huey module and found the VRS to be much less pronounced and was actually able to successfully execute a low level quick stop without becoming a fireball.

Gryphon - it's not a patch, it's the whole huey module.

Download the latest huey module from DCS website, then -

Go to module manager from the DCS home menu, click on the installed tab at the top. You should then see your installed modules. Click the trash can icon to the right of the huey module and uninstall it.

Restart your computer, then run the exe for the huey module you just downloaded (version ending 186)

Edit: I still had to update the training and UN campaign manually. Are those supposed to be fixed with the updater?

Edited by Zentaos

I think you may be on to something here, or its just placebo. I as well, reinstalled the huey module and found the VRS to be much less pronounced and was actually able to successfully execute a low level quick stop without becoming a fireball.

Go to module manager from the DCS home menu, click on the installed tab at the top. You should then see your installed modules. Click the trash can icon to the right of the huey module and uninstall it.

Restart your computer, then run the exe for the huey module you just downloaded (version ending 186)

I wish you guys would stop with the placebo statements as we have gone over this AD NAUSEAUM.. It is not placebo, some folks definitely have issues and this fix is REAL...

RAMBO

Don't take me the wrong way.

It was a "stick my neck out, cover your ass" all inclusive statement.

I do believe the VRS was toned down after I reinstalled.

HaHa OK ... :thumbup:

Sorry for the overreaction on my part, I have gone over this so many times I am a bit touchy about it.. :music_whistling:

RAMBO

Edit: I still had to update the training and UN campaign manually. Are those supposed to be fixed with the updater?

Thank you. I will try this tonight if I have time.

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
I wish you guys would stop with the placebo statements as we have gone over this AD NAUSEAUM.. It is not placebo, some folks definitely have issues and this fix is REAL...

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the files in the installer and in the updater are absolutely identical.

I double checked it in case there was a problem with our build system, but everything is ok.

Technically, the installers are built from the updater, so they always match.

Edited by c0ff

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the files in the installer and in the updater are absolutely identical.

I double checked it in case there was a problem with our build system, but everything is ok.

Then maybe you can explain why it is that folks are having these issues and re-installing the latest module DOES fix the issue?

As I am not a member of the ED programming team it is not really my responsibility to chase down WHY these things occur, and maybe my assessment of the installer is incorrect, but I can tell you that SOMETHING is amiss and there are others that have followed my instructions that can back me upon that...

So maybe you might want to check into why this issue is occurring rather than simply tell me that I am wrong...

RAMBO

Huey landings are fixed slowly by practice and checking wind direction :D .

I'm sure tweaking is not over so... hang on!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

You mean no fix for YOU... This has worked for others..

I'm just saying that it did not change anything in my game at all. At least nothing noticeably. I want people to know that while it may be worth investigating, it's not a guaranteed fix. I followed the instructions to the letter and nothing changed. That doesn't mean it won't help other people, I'm simply stating my experience.

Edited by 311Gryphon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't take it personally, I'm just saying that it did not change anything in my game at all. At least nothing noticeably. I want people to know that while it may be worth investigating, it's not a guaranteed fix. I followed the instructions to the letter and nothing changed. That doesn't mean it won't help other people, I'm simply stating my experience.

Yep I understand.. I am just having to restate things repeatedly because when folks read "No Fix" they automatically discount what has been said and I have already stated that this is not a fix for everyone...

RAMBO

Yep I understand.. I am just having to restate things repeatedly because when folks read "No Fix" they automatically discount what has been said and I have already stated that this is not a fix for everyone...

Okay, I get you. I also should point out that I accidentally posted that on the wrong thread (I need to slow down this morning) and have deleted that post.

I appreciate you trying to help everyone figure this out and I wish it would have worked for me. You had my hopes up! But I'm sure it will be fine eventually.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And looking back at your posting again a little closer I will mention that no one ever said anything about the INSTALLER, I was referring to a possible issue with the auto-updater... So if you have a 2 year old install and have never used anything but the auto updater after the initial install, if there IS an issue with the autoupdater then it is possible that all of the subsequent updates may not be complete... This means that you THINK everyhting is all fine and dandy but that is not necessarily so...

If that does happen, then my fix makes sense and does have merit..

If any of the above is incorrect, please explain why.. (And also then explain why the fix DOES work on my machine and some others?)

RAMBO

• ED Team
This means that you THINK everyhting is all fine and dandy but that is not necessarily so...

If that does happen, then my fix makes sense and does have merit..

If any of the above is incorrect, please explain why.. (And also then explain why the fix DOES work on my machine and some others?)

the list of MD5 or SHA256 sums of 'wrong' files, please.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.