Giving up on the Huey till its patched

W1ndy

Is it just me, or was the AFM now (V 1.2.6) tuned quite a bit? I have to work the collective much more now and get more often the low rpm warning, if i am not carefull. Seems as if the helo now need more energy to stop a fast decending.

Also low speed movement (while in ground effect) feels different somehow ... way faster. I am accellerating and think, ok, now i should get into ETL, but i won't. So i raise the nose slightly ... and poof, i am standing in the air, 5 ft AGL, hoovering. Turns out, I was not even faster than 20 mph - the gauge needle didnt even move.

But i am not complaining, not at all! For me, it feels good, especially as I AM NOW ABLE TO LAND! OMFG, I LOVE IT, to be honest. You all know how much problems I had before with VRS when slowing down. Lol, I now fly (and land!!) her as if I never did anything else! (well, okay, "elegant" is still different, but hey ... now I can start serious practising :o)

Belsimtek, thank you!

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But i am not complaining, not at all! For me, it feels good, especially as I AM NOW ABLE TO LAND! OMFG, I LOVE IT, to be honest.

Big improvement to the flight model for me: less twitchy in the hover and easier to avoid VRS when landing. First try with 1.2.6 and for the very first time, I've been able to land on my aim point instead of 600m down the runway or some such, and in one piece.

Suddenly this feels like a real flying machine instead of an exercise in frustration. :thumbup:

Big thanks to whoever is behind this change!