Europa Report

leafer

Bucic, check your pm.

The movie was very, very believable to me. I like prometheus, but, unfortunately it turned into one of those cliche, slash em up horror film. There was hardly any imagination in that film.

I don't want to give anything away but yeah, the sacrifice the crew made for science was what I'd expect their level headed real life counterparts would have done. For people looking for a blood thirsty aliens stalking and pouncing on fragile human beings then, no, Europa Report isn't for you. If you're like me, love space and exploration and love the idea that there has to be something out there, and have been wanting to watch a film about the possibility of what's out there then this is for you.

It's low budget but well acted, and the visual is gorgeous and believable. Heck, Neil deGrasse Tyson is in it briefly and he was a consultant for the film.

Read this review: http://variety.com/2013/film/reviews/film-review-europa-report-1200500661/

You can watch the film via Amazon Prime.

Edited by leafer

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

The movie was ok. But i still think Prometheus was a million timers better

Cinematography ows a great deal to Prometheus. No, really. Thanks to the piece every other space ship crew from any other movie looks more professional. What a lot! :D

Loved it! :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

If you love space and exploration and if you have not watched it then you must. It just bumped Sunshine down to my second favorite movie of all time.

It was ok, but didn't really knocked me off. Sunshine is still way better.

Ps: The guy with hydrazine on the suit: I would've let him in. Hydrazine is not so difficult to decontaminate. Not worth the sacrifice..

Cinematography ows a great deal to Prometheus. No, really. Thanks to the piece every other space ship crew from any other movie looks more professional. What a lot! :D

So true! The "most important mission in the history of mankind" and they send those bozo's. They were all like, either there for the money or doing community service..

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Watched it loved it. Prometheus was alright aswell but it got well earned criticism in my opinion. I enjoyed Sunshine aswell.

Moon is a good space/isolation movie if you haven't seen that.

EDIT: Looked like they were flying the ship with a TM WH too, anybody else notice this?

Edited by Scarecrow

It was ok, but didn't really knocked me off. Sunshine is still way better.

Ps: The guy with hydrazine on the suit: I would've let him in. Hydrazine is not so difficult to decontaminate. Not worth the sacrifice..

So true! The "most important mission in the history of mankind" and they send those bozo's. They were all like, either there for the money or doing community service..

yeah Hydrazine expands at a ratio of 800:1, one would expect it to mostly evaporate without soaking the suit.

But the weirdest part was that it wasn't the hydrazine that kept the guy from returning to ship. It was when he pushed the Russian guy in and got spat out in turn. "Every action is matched by equal and opposite reaction " as Newton described but one would at least expect him to hold on to something. :D

Also Jovian radiation belt is way to strong to be deflected by any shielding we can come up with within this century. By the time we do, we should already be capable of interstellar travel. :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

yeah Hydrazine expands at a ratio of 800:1, one would expect it to mostly evaporate without soaking the suit.

But the weirdest part was that it wasn't the hydrazine that kept the guy from returning to ship. It was when he pushed the Russian guy in and got spat out in turn. "Every action is matched by equal and opposite reaction " as Newton described but one would at least expect him to hold on to something. :D

Also Jovian radiation belt is way to strong to be deflected by any shielding we can come up with within this century. By the time we do, we should already be capable of interstellar travel. :)

Yeah, I also didn`t got the part where the guy doesn't hold on to something. The explanation I made up for myself is that he wanted it that way.. sort of foolish sacrifice

Edited by asparagin
Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Moon is a good space/isolation movie if you haven't seen that.

Moon is excellent! - One of the best movies of the last years in my book.

Also the the music.. (Clint Mansell):

Spoiler

haha yup. someone is a flight simmer perhaps.

And I loved Moon.

What's the point of creating a custom one when you have something very sufficient off-the-shelf :)

Speaking of which, wasn't it the Apollo 13 that featured THE worst joystick ever created, the Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital 3D?

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Logitech+Wingman+Extreme+Digital+3D

Anyway, thanks for mentioning the Moon. I'm going to watch it again. Cargo was a mixed bag...

Lockout staring Guy Pearce was a pretty decent movie, too. I know rotten tomatoes gave it a really low rating but the movie was better than that. And hey, I use extreme 3d pro! :D

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P