FC3 workaround

Is there a way to not have FC1 or lock-on installed on my computer to installed FC3 which I paid $50 for. Is there a legal way without torrenting lock-on to get this installed. Also has DCS not considered actually naming FC3 something else to bypass this issue. Or have they considered buying rights like everyone else does?

Dell XPS 8500 Modified

700 Watt PSU

Windows 8 Pro MCE

Intel I7 3770 3.8 GHZ TR (stock)

16GB DDR 3 PC12800

Gigabyte 760 OC 2.0GB

2x 2TB HD

The only legal way I can think of short of buying it is borrowing it off of a friend, perhaps?

The game makes no security checks nor does it have a CD key so it SHOULD work, but really you may just want to buy it. You can find it on budget lines in the UK for next to nothing.

Check ebay at the very least!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My guess is that buying out Ubisoft's rights would be prohibitively expensive, otherwise ED would have done so.

As for doing something about the situation...

Later this year, we will offer:

A-10A: DCS Flaming Cliffs

Su-25: DCS Flaming Cliffs

F-15C: DCS Flaming Cliffs

Su-27: DCS Flaming Cliffs

We are releasing these modules for the following reasons:

1- It allows users access to these aircraft that do not own, or want to own, Lock On.

2- It allows users to buy just the aircraft they are interested in, without having to purchase the full Flaming Cliffs product

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=108764

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

My guess is that buying out Ubisoft's rights would be prohibitively expensive, otherwise ED would have done so.

As for doing something about the situation...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=108764

Actually they made a different business decision correct me if I am wrong? They will be including all the AFM with FC3 so we need FC3 installed. ED does not want to their to be so many different aircrafts so we will have 1 AFM for each of our FC3 aircraft at no additional cost to us owners.

Dell XPS 8500 Modified

700 Watt PSU

Windows 8 Pro MCE

16GB DDR 3 PC12800

Gigabyte 760 OC 2.0GB

2x 2TB HD

The only legal way I can think of short of buying it is borrowing it off of a friend, perhaps?

The game makes no security checks nor does it have a CD key so it SHOULD work, but really you may just want to buy it. You can find it on budget lines in the UK for next to nothing.

Check ebay at the very least!

I don't have any friends and I don't want to own lock-on and I can't find it anywhere here in Salt Lake City I have looked used to be able to find it at Wal-Mart now its just too damned old...

Dell XPS 8500 Modified

700 Watt PSU

Windows 8 Pro MCE

16GB DDR 3 PC12800

Gigabyte 760 OC 2.0GB

2x 2TB HD

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You can download it from the Ubisoft website.

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/productID.180159900/sac.true

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Actually they made a different business decision correct me if I am wrong? They will be including all the AFM with FC3 so we need FC3 installed. ED does not want to their to be so many different aircrafts so we will have 1 AFM for each of our FC3 aircraft at no additional cost to us owners.

Actually, they are doing both.

Just to make it clear, Eagle Dynamics will :

- release stand-alone modules for the Su-27, F-15C, Su-25 and A-10A, that will all have an Advanced Flight Model (no Lock-on installation needed)

- make said AFMs available as a free bonus to FC3 owners (who will still need Lock-on)

Hope that dispels any confusion.

Just to be picky: "stand-alone module" doesn't make sense, it's simply a DCS World module. A Standalone module would be a module that run on its own and doesn't need DCS World at all. :)

Thanks for the clarifications though as I first understood they abandoned the idea of separate modules all together.

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well I was just about to ask why if I buy a 50.00 program from DCS I still have to buy/own another previous version to use it. I see the reason now.... still don't like it much but...... ?

Will any previous Lock On work or only certain ones ?

Amazon has the Platinum for like 16.99 and Ubisoft has the Modern Combat download for 10.00

Edited by lorenzoj

Well I was just about to ask why if I buy a 50.00 program from DCS I still have to buy/own another previous version to use it. I see the reason now.... still don't like it much but...... ?

Will any previous Lock On work or only certain ones ?

Amazon has the Platinum for like 16.99 and Ubisoft has the Modern Combat download for 10.00

ANY version of Lock On will work if I recall. I have the UK version of LockOn, which ain't even LO:MAC and that works fine.

Should be good.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The platinum version will work fine. It actually contains LOMAC and Flaming Cliffs on separate disks, so just ignore the FC disk.