Creating Simple Mission

Johnpilot

I have begun to get the knack for cold starting, taxiing, takeoffs, open flying around with some base navigation to waypoints, and then still working out landings:)

I have gone in and created a simple mission with one aircraft group and one plane. I added 4 points; 0 - 3, with 0 being takeoff and 3 being the Entry Point from the VAD chart. I set some waypoint altitudes and made them all turning points.

Am I doing this right to just make a free flight, no combat, no other aircraft mission? Not sure where the best place to start is for this.

Thanks.

John

OK, I must be dense. I save the mission, and then start it up. the plane starts on its own in a hangar and starts taxiing out. I hit F1 to go inside and nothing.... How do I get to fly the thing? Sorry, must be very obvious.

John

Got it, thanks.

When I create the waypoints, I drag them around and it displays the Lat/Lon coordinates. If I want to tweak those (so I can be precise with the Entry/Exit point as an example), I don't see a way to actually type in the coordinates. I can alter them in the CDU once the jet is up and running, but that seems to be the hard way. Ideas?

Thanks again for your help.

John

Got it, thanks.

When I create the waypoints, I drag them around and it displays the Lat/Lon coordinates. If I want to tweak those (so I can be precise with the Entry/Exit point as an example), I don't see a way to actually type in the coordinates. I can alter them in the CDU once the jet is up and running, but that seems to be the hard way. Ideas?

Thanks again for your help.

John

Zoom in? I think that's the best you could do with the ME. I'm only ever in the general vicinity of waypoints, anyway, so that sort of precision is beyond me.