F-15C Navigation question

Yes. The waypoint caret just tells you that you are heading towards the next waypoint. But this doesn't mean you are on course, the planned route set in the mission editor. The steering index (the line in the middle of the HUD) is used to get you back on course. If you keep the steering index in the middle of the HUD by banking the plane, you will eventually be put back on course and the waypoint caret will line up as well.

Hitting the Nav mode command key allows you to switch back and forth between Nav and ILSN. Switch Nav mode to get out of ILSN and use the next waypoint/Airfield/Target command key (Lctrl+` I think) to change the waypoint in nav mode, Airfield in ILSN mode and Target in Combat mode.

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys - since we are on the Nav topic, question for you: while in NAV mode, once a steerpoint/waypoint is completed, does the NAV update the next steerpoint automatically for the F15 in FC3...or do we need to manually select the next waypoint? I haven't fired-up DCS for about two weeks now, I haven't seen this mentioned in the FC3 Manual, can you please advise :)

"it don't matter, no more..."

==========================================

No problem. I also find the view is a bit weird on the F-15C. the pilot's 'cam' gets blocked in an invisible box that is a tad too narrow. Can't zoom enough to see the HUD well, just enough for the instruments/gauges. I find adding some permanent zoom helps a bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]