TeamVRC: F-100D Module

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thirdwire builds their own Models Internally, there is an F-100F Model Build By the Team that works on Yankee Air Pirate for Strike Fighters Series.

We (VRC), Purchased ours from Anders Lejczak to start with.

http://www.colacola.se/expo_supersabre.htm#ss5

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Posted these on my Facebook about a week ago,

Started getting the Materials I need setup in the viewports, To aid in getting the Cockpit Tub to take shape.

*Everything is WIP, and 90% of the Meshwork will be replaced piece by piece, panel by panel. as I get the Reference material imported.

*Some Parts that have already been "rebuild and temp textured" will also be re-adjusted as they are most likely not properly placed (front Panel for one)

I Plan on going from the Bottom Up when Building the base of the tub, so:

Floorboard,

Side walls leading up to side panels,

Side Panel Bases,

Side walls leading up to Canopy Rail

Canopy Rail Details,

Front Panel Base

Front-Side Panels (Gear/Engine Start/Warnings)

Front Panel Hood

A4 GUN Sight Assembly

WindScreen/Canopy

Once those are done and Basic Textured I'll go back to my Panel's Scene and Animate the Switches and Finish up the Panels one by one and place them in the Cockpit Scene.

Then Work on Gauges/Fuse Panels

Once the Base Pit is animated and stuff, Coding can start on the systems

I can go back, work on the External Model, and then Return to the Pit to Work on Specular and Diffuse Maps adding details (ie 3d Details, Map Boxes, etc)

The External needs a good front to back cleaning, as well as some meshes to be built (started working on landing light lamps, need to build the skid plate on tail etc).

Also Noticed when Scanning the Hi-Res Detailed 3 Views, alot of the Panel Lines and Rivets are Off, so those would need to be re-done after I re-do all the UV Maps/Unwraps

Just have to Schedule and Manage that list to get it done in the time I have available. I shuffled some stuff around to get me a few hours a week.

1404407_10202470954764963_1134487017_o_zps581a6d79.jpg

1398454_10202470954844965_1735729880_o_zpscdec2936.jpg

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Nice, DCS Vietnam is getting closer every day :)

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Some Renders to share,

I also forgot to turn the Top Poly Edit Modifier, the Front Panel actually goes down further at the bottom, But other than that Dark Grey Parts are All Old and will be rebuilt pieces at a time, the textures and stuff are basic base blue with some random brush effects on it, not the final textures, just place holders. the Hood will also be rebuilt.

Once the Base Tub is done I can go back to working on adding the details to it.

3d Studio Max View -

* Textures and 3d Shape is A WIP and Not representative of the Final Product.

F-100D_Panels-037_zps59709cf4.jpg

Eagle Dynamics Model Viewer -

* Textures and 3d Shape is A WIP and Not representative of the Final Product.

F-100D_Panels-038_zps0dd0d7c8.jpg

Looking very nice, Skate! :)

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

• 2 weeks later...

F-100 should be a great and fun challenge to fly, with its roll reversal problems and slow speed handling.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• 3 weeks later...

I have done some reading and came across this fun fact. The Turkish Air Force has flown the F-100D in two fighter squadrons at Diyarbakir Air Base in eastern Anatolya until 1986. The 176th IAP at Senaki Air Base converted to MiG-29 in 1985. So it would have been possible to meet the Super Sabre in a DCS flyable aircraft over Georgia :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Regarding the F-100D:

3D Cockpit:

Work on this has been pretty much minimal due to availible time for a while.

Other than Limited time, I also wanted to study and experiment with several methods to aid in building the cockpit.

Once Time allows I will begin using these methods in a trial basis in a separate 3D scene before moving them to the F-100D Cockpit Scene.

Like I've stated before, Cockpits arent my thing, I'm used to building external meshes. So I'm having to learn and re-evaluate things as I do them.

In December I had started re-building over the external shape, (side panels, floorboards etc),

The Methods I'm studying will be used to re-build the canopy frame, canopy, and adding details to the cockpit once it's basic shape is completed.

Once that's all done and Texturing is finished, I will resume work on the panels, switches, gauges, and their animations.

Once the cockpit is in a basic functional state (All gauges/switches animated and imported to DCS), It will be passed onto the system coders to integrate systems.

While Systems are being coded, I will continue to Building up the details in the cockpit and also resume external Mesh.

External Mesh:

Still havent 100% decided if I want to continue using the one we licensed or start dedicating the time to building up from scratch

(which I had started to reference using XSections in Max).

I've also been planning/working on Improved Afterburner Effects for Vietnam Era Afterburners, which I will move into testing sometime in the next 2 months.

AI Only/MIG-21 Adversary Release?:

I'd like to do it, If I can get time to finalize the external mesh and stuff, But it's not 100% my decision.

External mesh needs some work and I need to modify the Pylon Permissions some more, as well as Gear/SFM for AI.

If Anything I'll put whatever free time I have in the next few weeks on getting the External Module Ready for that just in case.

• Like 1