Maverick/LGB video feeds?

Perriwen

I've seen a lot of real world USAF videos, where a deployed LGB or AGM-65 broadcasts video from the seeker head to an MFD until it hits the target, giving the pilot an idea of the weapon's status. However, I can't seem to find how to enable that in A-10C...is it implemented, and if so, how does one set it up for that?

you sure about that? real life A-10 vids firing mavericks get a lock then a static indicating the missile has left its rail.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Had the same question myself a few years back. Apparently, when testing mavericks, a datalink (or something capable of sending the video after launch) can be added. Whatever equptment that might be is not a feature of normal mavericks.

I have no idea about laser guided bombs, but I'd imagine that the "image" the seeker sees wouldn't be something a person could make much sense of.

I'd love to see the video in question!

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

You might be thinking of pictures from Desert Storm of Walleye bombs which were TV guided. Modern day pictures are from targeting pods etc on the actual aircraft.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Had the same question myself a few years back. Apparently, when testing mavericks, a datalink (or something capable of sending the video after launch) can be added. Whatever equptment that might be is not a feature of normal mavericks.

I have no idea about laser guided bombs, but I'd imagine that the "image" the seeker sees wouldn't be something a person could make much sense of.

I'd love to see the video in question!

Hrmm ... I wonder, if we could make a mod for this effect ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-uWMXy4Nnc

Here's an example of what they're talking about. I have no clue about IRL A-10C's but it would be neat to have this added as a "weapon camera view" (similar to F6) in the future!

That video seems to me to be from testing. You can see the a vehicle towing the target.

I've seen a lot of real world USAF videos, where a deployed LGB or AGM-65 broadcasts video from the seeker head to an MFD until it hits the target, giving the pilot an idea of the weapon's status. However, I can't seem to find how to enable that in A-10C...is it implemented, and if so, how does one set it up for that?

AFAIK, there are only three US weapons that send video all the way to impact. AGM-62 Walleye, GBU-15 and AGM-130 (GBU-15 with rocket motor) All other do not.

The video is not to give the pilot or the WSO status of the weapon, but to allow them to control it.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

For example

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

mvsgas, as the intro to your video says, that is from a AGM-130, which I beleive can be steered mid flight by the crew, which is why it provides video feedback:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-130

I don't think the A-10 are fitted to use this weapon system.

LOL, if you read my post you can see I already stated that and I never said the A-10 could carry any of them. GBU-15/AGM-130 is only carried by F-15E currently. AGM-62 have been out of service for a long time.

AFAIK, there are only three US weapons that send video all the way to impact. AGM-62 Walleye, GBU-15 and AGM-130 (GBU-15 with rocket motor) All other do not.

The video is not to give the pilot or the WSO status of the weapon, but to allow them to control it.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I don't thrust wiki as a source of information, here is some weapons info from USAF weapons file 276, page 2-12 and 2-13

Nomenclature: AGM-130 Name: Powered Standoff Weapon

Description

Derived from the GBU-15, it has since been extensively modified to an advanced, precision

guided weapon used against high value fixed targets. It features Inertial Navigations

System/Global Positioning System (INS/GPS), man-in-the-loop capabilities and has a

propulsion section enabling enhanched standoff capability. There are two versions of the

weapon; the AGM-130A model utilizes the MK-84 warhead and the AGM-130C model utilizes

the BLU-109 penetration warhead. Both versions have advanced control sections and new

Switchable Data Links (SDL) for horizontal target attack profiles. There are two improved

guidance sections for day and night extended capability; Television Guided Section (TVGS)

and Improved Modular Infared Sensor (IMIRS). A new test system, AN/GJM-64 tests all GBU-15 and AGM 130 configurations completely menu driven featuring minimal manual operator

intervention. The software can be readily modified to facilitate testing/updating of new weapon

versions, enhancements, improvements and modifications.

Weapons Characteristics

AGM-130

CRD Weapons Code

ZMG

5C AGM-130 LC&FTD INRT IMIRS SDL

M309G AGM-130 TAC, BLU-109, IMIRS, SDL

M309H AGM-130 TAC, BLU-109, TVGS, SDL

M306A AGM-130 TAC, INERT, IMIRS, SDL

M306B AGM-130 TAC, INERT, TVGS, SDL

M304G AGM-130 TAC, MK-84, IMIRS, SDL

M304H AGM-130 TAC, MK-84, TVGS, SDL

M30GA AGM-130 TAC/INRT IMIRS SDL

M30GB AGM-130 TAC/INRT TVGS SDL

ZMGMB AGM-130(I) A-1 DATM DUMMY TRN TV

M304E AGM-130A-11 TAC MK-84 SDL

M304F AGM-130A-12 TAC MK-84 IR SDL

M309E AGM-130C-11 TAC BLU-109 TV SDL

M309F AGM-130C-12 TAC BLU-109 IR SDL

SZTMS STAMP AC-130H/U 25MM

SZNBA STAMP AGM-130A-12

SZNDA STAMP AGM-130C-12

ZM45A CATM-130-109 TVGS L/W F-15E

ZMG5A CATM-130A-109 TVGS F-15E

ZMG5B CATM-130A-110 IMIRS F-15E

ZM45B CATM-130A-110 IMIRS L/W F-15E

Guidance – Autonamous GPS/INS

TVGS or IMIR Seeker Precise Adverse Weather, day or night Acurate All Weather Vertical Horixontal Targets Control – Automatic or manual (WSO with AXQ-14 or ZSW-1 Data Link System

Autopilot - Digital

Class - 3000 lb Standoff Weapon

AGM-130A-11 AUR

Weight - AGM-130A-11 (MK-84, TV) 2978 lbs

- AGM-130A-12 (MK-84, IR) 3001 lbs - AGM-130C-11 (BLU-109, TV) 3064 lbs - AGM-130C-12 (BLU-109, IR) 3087 lbs Length - 158.8 in

Diameter - MK-84 Warhead 18.0 in

- BLU-109 Warhead 16.0 in - Rocket Motor 9.0 in

- Guidance Section 15.0 in - Control Section 16.0 in - Tail Section (Wings) 59.0 in Warhead - BLU-109 or MK-84

Explosive - Tritonal - 945 lbs (MK-84); 535 lbs (BLU-109)

Fuze - FMU-124A/B (MK-84); FMU-143 (BLU-109) Integrating FMU-152

Stabilizer – Strakes (canards), Wings, and Control Surfaces

Propulsion - Solid Propellant Rocket Motor

Range - 15 – 30+ NM

Carriage Options

Aircraft: Rack/Pylon:

F-15E 30 in. Lug Spacing Compatible

Status / Schedule / Improvements

Contractor – Boeing Company

Status –Inventory (AGM-130-9/-10 replaced by -11/-12 Apr.99)

OPR - AAC/WMG; Eglin AFB, FL DSN 872-9514

Improvements – Potential Integration of FMU-152 (JPF) Fuze

Special Equipment - GJM-65 Field Test Set

T.O – 21M-AGM130-2

To whom it may concern,