Running Lock-On and Lock-On FC

Hi

Can you have Lock-On and Lock-On FC on the same computer or is there a problem with registry? :confused:

Wombat

XP Home SP3 32bit/Vista 64bit dual boot, Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3 GA-EX58-UD4P motherboard, Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz/8Gb RAM chip set, NVIDIA GeForce GTX275 video card, Realtek ALC850 sound circuitry.

Hello Wombat! Yes it is indeed possible, what you have to do is copy the whole 1.02 folder to another place, and then just run it from the lockon.bat file. 1.02 doesnt need any registry entries to run it, all you need is all the files in the folder and u are set! But dont forget, run it from the lockon.bat file. Hope that Helps!

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

I'd love to see a step-by-step sticky thread on this one. :icon_pray

-----------------------------

AMD Athlon 64 3800+

Asrock 939 Dual SATA 2 mobo

1024 Corsair PC3200

XFX 7800GT

Antec True Blue 480

Samsung 940B

Track IR4

Saitek X-45 HOTAS

Win XP Pro

Lockon 1.02 + FC1.1

Thanks Breakshot ... Ill give it a go.

If I'm successful, Rasputin, I'll do a step-by-step ..... oops! foot in mouth again :icon_redf

Wombat

XP Home SP3 32bit/Vista 64bit dual boot, Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3 GA-EX58-UD4P motherboard, Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz/8Gb RAM chip set, NVIDIA GeForce GTX275 video card, Realtek ALC850 sound circuitry.

Thanks Breakshot ... Ill give it a go.

If I'm successful, Rasputin, I'll do a step-by-step ..... oops! foot in mouth again :icon_redf

Wombat

What? Why foot in mouth? Anyway, if you do one Wombat please use a "windows for dummies" approach for my sake. :p

AMD Athlon 64 3800+

1024 Corsair PC3200

XFX 7800GT

Antec True Blue 480

Samsung 940B

Track IR4

Saitek X-45 HOTAS

Win XP Pro

1.02 + 1.1

I've started ...... but struck a problem already ..... runtime error message when trying to run 1.02 from another directory with 1.1 installer OK at ubisoft directory. Have sent private message to Breakshot ....

Will get back .....

Wombat

1.02 + 1.1

GOT IT!!!!! Well .... almost ..... need at little folder renaming for each game folder and it works.

Step1

Install Lockon 1.0 and patch up to 1.02 (no need to repeat afresh if already installed) with a standard installation. Generate the desktop icon and rename LockOn1.02

Step2

Create new folder in Program Folder (this is where 1.02 should have been installed in the Ubisoft Sub-Folder) and rename Ubisoft1.02. We therfore now have two folders: Ubisoft (with 1.02 inside) and Ubisoft1.02 (empty).

Step 3

Copy the Eagle Dynamics Folder (and all it contents) from the Ubisoft Folder to the Ubisoft1.02 Folder. We now have two folders: Ubisoft (with 1.02 inside)

and Ubisoft1.02 (again with 1.02 inside).

Step 4

Install FC 1.1 with a standard installation. This will update 1.02 in the Ubisoft Folder to FC 1.1. Generate the desktop icon for FC 1.1 and rename LockOn1.1. We now have two folders: Ubisoft (with FC 1.1 inside) and Ubisoft1.02 (with 1.02 inside)

Step 5

On the desktop double click either the LockOn1.02 icon or LockOn1.1 icon which will load FC1.1 by default because it is in the currently name Ubisoft Folder.

Step 6

To load 1.02 rather than FC 1.1 go to Windows Explorer .... Programs Files Folder/Ubisoft Folder and rename to Ubisoft1.1; now to the Ubisoft1.02 Folder and rename Ubisoft.

Step 7

Back to desktop and double click either the LockOn1.02 icon or Lockon1.1 icon which will now load 1.02 by default because it in now the newly name Ubisoft Folder.

That's it. Bit messy but it works. If you try to boot up either 1.02 or FC 1.1 when the folder is named Ubisoft1.02 or Ubisoft1.1 respectively, or Ubisoftanything you get an error message regarding "runtime" The folder must be named Ubisoft for the game you want to play to load.

I'm sure somebody brighter than me will tell me (us) there is an easier way. Until then, I'm sticking with above.

Good luck. Rasputin, post if you have any problems.

Wombat

PS I'm running XP Pro so I was able to create a System Restore Point before I started, just in case things went wrong.

:eek:

Hehe seriously though, thanks for taking the time Wombat...it's much appreciated! :icon_supe

AMD Athlon 64 3800+

1024 Corsair PC3200

XFX 7800GT

Antec True Blue 480

Samsung 940B

Track IR4

Saitek X-45 HOTAS

Win XP Pro

OK guys, i think the method that Wombat used should work, but I think there is a little simpler way to do this. here is what I did to make it run:

1. Install lock on and update to 1.02

2. Copy the entire lockon folder (not necessary the Ubisoft folder, just the lockon main one)

3. Paste it in another place, you can rename it if you want.

4. Now you can just install FC ontop of the original location of 1.02 (the one you made copy of, it should auto install there anyway)

5. Now your are set. To run FC just run it normally, to run 1.02 just run the lockon.bat from your second location to wherever you copied it. Note: (MS-DOS batch file is located in the same place as the lockon.exe file. It looks like a window with a gear in it)

6. Optionally you can just make a shortcut to the lockon.bat file on your desktop & change the icon for it so it looks like a normal lock on shortcut. Name it Lock On 1.02 etc..

Hope that clears things! C ya in the virtual skies!

• Like 1

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

I'm sure somebody brighter than me will tell me (us) there is an easier way.

Breakshot ....... thanks for that.

I'll give your method a go ....... lot simplier. Got the time ..... 65yrs old ..... retired ..... widowed ..... so what the heck ....

Good flying

Wombat

another easy way; "muti booting" I have 2 physical harddrives running winxp and 2k seperately. I installed lockon+fc on winxp (c: ) and lockon 1.02 on win2k (d: ) (well you dont have to buy another drive, just create another partition w/ partition magic or similar apps. format and install.)

1.02 +FC1.11

Had a go at the "Breakshot Way" and it worked, although I had to do some extra fiddling to achieve it. Possibily due to my poor computer skills (blame my age).

Since I already had both folders already loaded (one with 1.02 and the other with FC1.11), I thought I'd just look for the lockon.bat file in the 1.02 folder.

[bat .... short .... for batch ..... batch files!!!! .... the penny's dropped .... like autoexec.bat file ..... gees I'm dense .....lockon.bat is a little "program" or "macro" ....]

I did a search for all *.bat files in both the 1.02 and FC1.11 folders:

FC1.11 folder - 22 bat files including lockon.bat

1.02 folder - 0 (zero) bat files!?!?

So I copies all 22 bat files from the FC1.11 folder to the 1.02 folder.

Double-clicked the lockon.bat file in the 1.02 folder and ..... presto, LockOn 1.02 loaded perfectly!

I've generated the desktop shortcut and all is working beautifully. Thanks Breakshot.

There's always numerous ways to solve problems (that's the Design Engineer in me), but there is always a better, or best way. We often find better ways but we are always searching for the best way.

Good flying

Wombat

Gees ..... lot a people looking at this thread ....... must be an issue ....makes me nervous ..... :icon_redf .... Wombat out ......

• 5 weeks later...

How i can find LockOn.bat file?

Hello. Thx Wombat and Breakshot from good manual to get both Lockon 1.02- and Flaming Cliffs -games to same computer.

Now i have both installed. My FC runs very well, but i cannot start LockOn 1.02. If i try to do it with Lockon.exe result is of course error.

I have tried to find that mystery LockOn.bat, ( what u talk) but waste only time.

How i can find it. help!! :horseback :horseback

AAFG_Sturmo