DCS World on Steam Database

http://steamdb.info/app/223750/ - Added 4 days ago.

Also the P-51 is on there: http://steamdb.info/app/223770/

I wonder what this means?

We are in the process of making DCS World and all released DCS modules available on Steam. When the process is complete, we will make an official announcement.

In fact, this is a big reason for us developing the "DCS Flaming Cliffs" modules for DCS.

Matt

Edited by lfc3333

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 2500k; GTX 660Ti; 8GB DDR3; Win7 64bit SP1

DCS World; A10C; FC3; UH-1; BS2; Mi-8; CA; Su-25t

Ever waiting for the F/A 18

It'd be nice if DCSW would be added in the f2p section of steam and all modules added in Steam. It sure would bring a whole lot of new players and income. DCS could use some more spotlight, often I talk to ppl who are occasional simmers but barely, if ever, heard of it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It'd be nice if DCSW would be added in the f2p section of steam and all modules added in Steam. It sure would bring a whole lot of new players and income. DCS could use some more spotlight, often I talk to ppl who are occasional simmers but barely, if ever, heard of it.

I agree, it would be a good move to increase the player base. Especially when Steam has a community hub for news and updates.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

just dont let steam control updates.. lol.. cuz sometimes they are slooooooooooooow

DCS World - FREE

Then have

A-10C $x.xx

P-51D $x.xx

KA-50 $x.xx

F-15C $x.xx

SU-27 $x.xx

A-10A $x.xx

UH-1H $x.xx

Etc Etc

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

This is great news! Agree with SkateZilla, I hope the auto-updater continues to be used.

I wonder if it will be like Kerbal Space Program where you can purchase via steam (and steam handles updates) or purcahase via DCS website and auto-updater is then used.

This should bring in a bunch of new players to welcome. I wonder how the A-10C and KA-50 currently will be handled on Steam (remove it and merge current purchase holders under the DCS World module?)

I, for one, welcome our Steam overlords! Just in time for the upcoming Steam Summer Sale!

just dont let steam control updates.. lol.. cuz sometimes they are slooooooooooooow

DCS World - FREE

Then have

A-10C $x.xx

P-51D $x.xx

KA-50 $x.xx

F-15C $x.xx

SU-27 $x.xx

A-10A $x.xx

UH-1H $x.xx

Etc Etc

I can imagine it being similar to a lot of Free to play downloads on Steam, were you download the client, which downloads the game and any updates that come a long with it. An example of this would be Planetside 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yea from my experience with Steam on a daily basis, they throw in updates quite fast. In terms on handling now I'm unsure. I know the A-10C and Ka bought on Steam can be used outside of Steam. I guess modules might be handled like any game's DLC, you install DCSW then install any module you bought and they're then active next time you launch DCSW.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It would be great if we could have steam managed DCS world.

I think you meant have DCS World on Steam right?

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

As of last night it's still only DCS:A-10C and DCS: BlackShark

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

As of last night it's still only DCS:A-10C and DCS: BlackShark

Yup, it's usually added to the DB long before it's made available, also from my experience it's not always an insurance it will ever be available. Fingers crossed!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Agreed. It would be a pretty smart move, and beneficial for everyone. Though, I am sure that there is a business side of it that we cannot see here, as I am sure ED has thought about this already.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

We are in the process of making DCS World and all released DCS modules available on Steam. When the process is complete, we will make an official announcement.

In fact, this is a big reason for us developing the "DCS Flaming Cliffs" modules for DCS.

Matt

Edited by Wags

great news

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

Awesome cant wait to start getting new DCS badges! On steam.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Matt

Fingers crossed Steam will apply the latest updates as they become available.

Instead of keeping outdated versions online forever.

Or will the auto-updater take care of it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Fingers crossed Steam will apply the latest updates as they become available.

Instead of keeping outdated versions online forever.

Or will the auto-updater take care of it?

The auto-updater would take care of it probably. Its actually quite common for games to be available on steam that have their own independent auto-updater. For instance PlanetSide 2 has the base installer on steam but relies entirely on their own system for patching.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Larger Distribution Audience...

Excuse my ignorance but I fail to see any benefit from using Steam, why all the fuss?

Like SkateZilla said it places DCS under big spotlights. Any game getting on Steam suddenly has a whole lot more attention and sales. That's money in ED's pocket and that's more players, faster updates, modules for everyone to enjoy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]