DCS Multiplayer issues

BSS_Vidar

I've had DCS A-10C for over a year and the P-51D. Not been motivated to dive in to the A-10C as of yet, but love the P-51 flying off-line. Flying on-line in Rise of Flight has been an incredible experience for the Blacksheep, so we don't think we have issues with our member's connections.

A few of my squadron mates and I recently tried to fly the Pony on-line and experienced some terrible lag by all involved on several servers via the DCS World Multplayer option. Aircraft slewing miles at a time, disappearing in the ground with a dust cloud effect just to have the guy I was flying against reappear behind me after thinkin' he just augured into the ground.

Formation flying gets a little hairy as well seeing the wingman jump around and slew into you. BOOOM!

Is this the typical performance we'll expect flying on-line in DCS World, or is there some issues taking place with connections via the multi-player function?

Thnx,

V

Well BSS Vidar. While it is fair to say in previous DCS World versions there were some issues but the current one is very stable.

Shrek Squadron flies almost every day, always online, and we frequently fly in formation. Only once, with one aircraft did we experience the effect you mention. However, a reconnect sorted it out.

But a few tips.

1.The host needs to have a very good connection fibre if possible.

2.In your multiplayer option everybody needs to be set to LAN regardless of how they are connected.

3.The host needs to load the server mission, get into his(or her) pit first and wait...it can be paused...for about 30 seconds to let the server machine sort itself out.

4.Then the host tells others to connect.

5. Finally check everybodies connection ping below 100 is good.

Also the P51 guns hit your frame rate...I think they are working on it.

I am no expert but we have been flying online for many year ad really enjoy the experience.

Hope that helps

Regards

Trubshaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TrubshawRN -=SHREK 94=-

To add to this a little bit: Depending on the "hosts" capability, the ideal scenario is to have a host that doesn't support a local player- ie: nice to have a stand alone server host. Yes, the monster gaming rigs of today could support dozens of other games running at once but this game, given that it's very restricted by the 2 CPU usage (one for sound, one for everything else)... the host needs heaps of RAM and quite high CPU speeds in order to crunch the data associated with two or more players.

Ping of 100 would certainly be ideal but a little over won't hurt. Many servers have a ping-kick of 2 or 300ms.

Also, where we have had TREMENDOUS problems in the past is updating missions to current game versions. Basically taking a mission that was built in 1.2.4.167 (as an example) to 1.2.4.284, nevermind ANY 1.2.4 mission to the upcoming 1.2.5-

Older missions need to be opened in the mission editor, then resaved under a different name ON THE SERVER. Any mission transfered to the server, or saved on the server SHOULD be opened and resaved in the mission editor to ensure a clean experience and minimize the risk of glitches and bugs.

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Since last updating this week I´m experiencing a lot of connection interrupted on the clients and even crash of server it self due to memory allocation problems.. It has been working fine during past days till now.

This always screws the ongoing mission after 1h or so :( Today it has been impossible to fly the Airmobile M03 completely (sorry for that guys)

Anyone else have problems with latest 1.24 patch?

Since last updating this week I´m experiencing a lot of connection interrupted on the clients and even crash of server it self due to memory allocation problems.. It has been working fine during past days till now.

This always screws the ongoing mission after 1h or so :( Today it has been impossible to fly the Airmobile M03 completely (sorry for that guys)

Anyone else have problems with latest 1.24 patch?

Have you guys been updating your missions with every patch?

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art