New Su-25 campaign: Red Hammer

MBot

I finaly managed to complete my first campaign. I hope the Su-25 drivers will like it :)

redhammer01.jpg

The russian army has landed on the Kerch peninsula to clear the Crimea from occupying NATO forces and to return the territory to the Russian Federation. Your Su-25 squadron has been forward deployed to newly captured Kerch AB in the light of the comming ground offensive. You will follow the 5th Tank and 37 Motorized Rifle Division as they challenge the german 1st Panzerdivision and the US 3rd Cavalry Division for the rule of the Crimea. In the process you will hit artillery sites, troop concentrations, supply lines and fortifications.

Features:

- 10 mission campaign for the Su-25.

- Realistic representation of the Su-25's employment doctrin with realistic target assignment and weapon loadouts.

- Detailed situation reports and briefings before each mission

- Airbase activity that make the bases come to life.

- Balanced difficulty. All missions are achievable on the first try if you master the Su-25.

- Built with Lock On 1.11.

Download at the virtual-jabo32 ( thanks for hosting ):

http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index.php?section=downloads&subcat=4&jumpto=334

redhammer02.jpg

Realistic loadouts used in Afghanistan.

redhammer03.jpg

A german Leopard-2 company resupplying in the open.

redhammer04.jpg

Field HQ of the 501st UK Infantry Batallion.

redhammer05.jpg

A fortified german position.

redhammer06.jpg

Heavy anti-aircraft fire using some editor tricks.

Have fun and post your comments. Suggestions are always welcome.

• Like 2

Can you post the layout of your static object formations to create the re-arming tank company, fortifications, etc.? Would be a great help for other mission builders, I think :)

Sorry, my host seems to be down at the moment, otherwise you would see some pictures of them in the first post.

Can't miss this one,

downloading now.

Thanks for your effort!

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Red Hammer

Mbot,

I am working today but I'll be all over it tomorrow.

Thanks for the work and I'll run it as is and comment.

I think it is great you try for realistic employment doctrin.

She may be Vanilla but she's also a Kill'a (in the right hands)

Regards,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Christopher M

Finally got a chance to fly the first mission, it's really nice!! I really like the "living" airbase effect!! The FLOT was clearly visible from 30km away while I was flying south of it, artillery flying off, explosions, etc. The briefings are also well done.

It was a bit difficult to stay above the suggested 2500m hard deck during my attack run though. I started at about 5500m, dove to put the target into view, locked/launched/guided the Kh-29L. By the time the 29L impacted I was passing 1500m and had tons of AAA and SAM's coming up, but I managed to kill the target with only 1 29L used and took no damage. It was interesting to try to fly home with the remaining 29L hanging from the plane--took some serious trim work to get it to fly well!!

Nice challenging mission that wasn't ridiculously difficult.

Red Hammer

Completed the first four missions so far.

Airbase activity with Tanks loading on Ilyushins, fuel trucks

parked all over, Helecoptors everywhere, all very cool.

I don't miss the NATO fighters since it's nice to concentrate on the

ground targets and ground defences.

Sometimes I almost think of FC as two games one is A-G the other

is A-A.

When I fly the Mig around it's becuase I want to get away from the mud

for awhile.

Of course I always gravitate back to the mud (it's the detail I crave)

Anyway thanks for the best su-25 campaign on my machine.

Regards,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Christopher M

Thank you guys, I am realy happy you like it so far. I am curious what you think about the first two missions of day 2. These are my favourites.

For my next missions I try to include opforce fighters. I have tought about some methodes to keep controll of the AI fighters and avoid player fustration. I have already run some tests that suggest it works and will try to make a concept demo mission soon.

Day Two

Missions 5 and 6,

Yes I like the parked trucks and small buildings for rocket attacks.

Also rocket attacks look so much better on cloudy day's.

explosions look somehow better.

mission six was tougher though with multiple targets to hit.

Got it on my third try but had to make three runs, the last one with guns.

My wingy made it home but just .....

Sometimes I wish bomb damage assesment could be done by observation flight following after the attack.

It would be cool to have bomb dammage assesment by camera / aircraft

with debrief after the mission and scoring decided at that point.

So mission objective would just be to release ordenance as best possible and return in one piece. then mission debrief would go over the sucess of the bombing / attack...... cool idea .......

Anyway I like the run in hard and rockets away style and run out as fast as you can. seems pretty real to me.

I see your new mission with air threat for greedy mud movers.

I like the Georgian Team, I don't know why.

I'll added it in with Georgian Retiliation

Regards,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Christopher M

Nice ...

Nice campain and the difficulty level is just enough for me to make most of the missions on first try (I hate re-flying failed missions when one knows the placement of the vehicles and air defences).

I see a small glitch on my home base(s) on missions 5 and 6 (or was it 4 and 5). The parked aircraft is doubled with another. Like the Mi-26 is in the same spot as some Antonov transport, the two Su-25 on my left are there twice, offset by some 4 meters, etc.

Tried to finish-off the mission 6 in hurry, flew straight to the waypoint 2 over the water and got badly straffed by the AAA on my way to the target. Just like real life :D

I see a small glitch on my home base(s) on missions 5 and 6 (or was it 4 and 5). The parked aircraft is doubled with another. Like the Mi-26 is in the same spot as some Antonov transport, the two Su-25 on my left are there twice, offset by some 4 meters, etc.

Hmm, that doesn't sound good. Perhaps it is the same another user has mentioned here:

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=13038

I created each mission as a single mission and merged them into a campaign at the end. At mission 5 I changed the layout of static objects at the airport. It sound like the static objects from the previous campaign mission remain and get overlayed by the new one.

Can anyone that far into the campagin confirm that problem ?

So mission objective would just be to release ordenance as best possible and return in one piece.

I know what you mean. That is the way I would set up every of my missions if I could. If the player is tasked with bombing a site and he does so, I would consider it a mission accomplished regardles of damage done. Unfortunatly the limited goal selection of the lomac editor does not allow such nuances.

A work around I often use is that I assign a destroy goal to only a single car, located in the middle of the target area. That car has high chances of being destroyed when the site is bombed and the goal is achieved. Unfortunatly this has the potential of being extremly fustrating for the player if he does much damage on the target but the 'goal car' suvives the attack. Means play the mission again, means angry player.

What we would need is a arrival goal on the target area, or a 'X% destroyed in a radius Y' goal. Or even better a 'put X amount of bombs in radius Y' goal.

Onother methode would be to use no goals at all. This way the player would decide himselfe if he consideres he completed the mission and wants to go on or if he would like to do it again. But I have some reservations on that approach. Somehow that mission goal thingy seems to have a big impact on the motivation of the player, altough being not much more than some letters in a pop-up window.

What do you guys think about that approach to goals ?

Hmm, that doesn't sound good. Perhaps it is the same another user has mentioned here:

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=13038

I created each mission as a single mission and merged them into a campaign at the end. At mission 5 I changed the layout of static objects at the airport. It sound like the static objects from the previous campaign mission remain and get overlayed by the new one.

Can anyone that far into the campagin confirm that problem ?

Yup, static objects get retained in a campaign. They stay there until they get destroyed, then their wreckage stays there ;)

sigzk5.jpg