Dismounts Script

I dunno about this script, you can get a similar but not the same effect with CTLD and get pickups and drop offs fairly easily, but it's not the same as keeping the inf with the vehicle like the planned effect.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 4 months later...

are yo utrying to get inf to dismount on a ship? im not sure they can do that

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Thanks guys for helping. I have managed to get this to work with the 'Do Script File' method MBot without any errors (love them soldiers!!!) so the issue is with using the 'Do Script' method. Maybe it's the extra code you wrote about MBot? Maybe it's cutting and pasting code into the text box with 'Do Script? Maybe it's just me?It would be good to figure out what is going on with the 'Do Script' method as I'll be sharing my missions...

Edit: BTW when cutting and pasting into the 'Do Script' text box I noticed some unrecognised characters displayed as squares and Chinese/Japanese characters...

Edited by Marky3254
Thought of something. Yes really...

When the script was created, using Do Script was no problem. About a year later ED screwed the function by limiting the amount of code it can run (for whatever reasons). Since then you have to use Do Script File for large code.

If it's ok for MBot, I would like to integrate dismount as an option to future relase do DAWS Save Mission. If I could, It could be possibile to keep track of the units spawned.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Sure, no problem.

Wilco!

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

• 1 month later...

Awesome script MBot! I stumbled over it just a few days ago.

Right now, i'm building a car stop mission for Hueys, where once the target vehicle is stopped, a certain amount of bad guys will hop out of the car. So your script is exactly what i need!

But is there a possibility to reduce the dismounting rifle team to only three soldiers? Couldn't find the line in the script.

EDIT:

Nevermind: I found it!

Edited by exil

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals

• 6 months later...

Hey just started playing around with this script. What a great addition! One question I had is would it be possible for it to provide a dismount to any Unit with a name, for example, "Transport #xxx" where it ignores the digits after the #? That way you could specify that all units called Transport #001, Transport #002, etc. would have a dismount without having to manually script one to each transport. Might not be in the cards to add that; regardless, great work!

• 1 month later...

I had a look at the script and added some logic so that it keeps track of remaining alive units. So if 3 guys die and they mount up and dismount again, only 3 will come out.

I also added an optional flag parameter you can pass in (ie. to check if both the carrier vehicle and it's cargo are dead). Flag is set to 2 (mounted) 1(dismounted) 0(dead). You can use that to check if trigger if both carrier and group are dead.

Mind you my lua is quite crappy (had to copy units table, remove those that are dead from copy, transfer table over) so im sure there are better ways to optimize this script. But from my testing it worked out pretty good.

Attached script and miz file (miz is 2.0 nevada).

DismountsScript_v1_5.lua

Test_Dismount_Script.miz

Developer of Kaukasus Insurgency - a customizable Dynamic PvE Campaign with cloud hosting and stats tracking. (Alpha)

http://kaukasusinsurgency.com/