LockOn on Ultra-Widescreen

Woodstock

Ok. I've watched the thing. However I expected to see these monitors running instead of seeing some video grab in widescreen res.

Could you post a photo of this setup? How it looks and works in practice?

How are the screens connected with eachother? Don't tell me there's a gap in the middle.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Ok. I've watched the thing. However I expected to see these monitors running instead of seeing some video grab in widescreen res.

Could you post a photo of this setup? How it looks and works in practice?

How are the screens connected with eachother? Don't tell me there's a gap in the middle.

S! Shaman Dog,

I knew this question would come up and I´m curious to see some "external" video footage of the setup myself.

Callisto promised to render and upload some video camera shots within the next few days.

I´ll keep you informed.

And yes, there´s a gap in the middle... ;)

Greetz, Woody

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"

And yes, there´s a gap in the middle... ;)

Greetz, Woody

Ouch! Though, you can always fly SR-71 this way ;)

Does anyone know the aspect ration for 1920x1080?

hmm..

1920:1080=1,777

?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

its the old gap in the middle issue.....:doh:

stacking them vertically would be interesting, i wonder if it could be done with such a big res?

look forward to more pics...

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys for letting you wait so long for something, that I already recorded months ago... but finally you can get an idea of how two DELL 2405FWP are working with Lock On @ 3360x1050. Regarding the gap in the middle for me its absolutely no problem, if you are using a Track IR (which we all do, dont we? ;)). Due to the effective 1 meter wide desktop, you just put the HUD a bit right or left to the gap without even noticing doing so after some time of flying. But.... the impression you get is really a huuuuuge one without any cutted targets or half objects at all. :D

I uploaded a pretty compressed version, so no hard feelings about the video quality, I guess you got the idea anyway... Have fun :)

http://calisto.info/jabog/v03.avi

P.S.: The original file from within the game is downloadable here http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index.php?section=downloads&subcat=28&file=391

P.P.S.: The old link which was pasted by JaBoG32_Woodstock was broken due to some badass hacked our website.