no gun reticle

paulygxD

I have had this sim for about a month now and I still have not found out what is going on. When ever I start the plane from the ramp I can never get a gun reticle while in the air. I have the hud set as SOI but it doesn't even display the master mode when I change it. I know for a fact I am doing something wrong during startup, I just cant figure out what it is. Whenever I start on the runway or do a training mission, everything works just fine. Could somebody please help me out?

:helpsmilie:

Yes a track is easiest way to find the problem. In order to turn EAC on CDU must be running and EGI have finished alignment 4.0 0.8. Efter EGI alignment press NAV (RSK7), then set NMSP for EGI before turning on EAC.

But again a track is the best way to find the error :music_whistling:

Cheers

Hans

Yes a track is easiest way to find the problem. In order to turn EAC on CDU must be running and EGI have finished alignment 4.0 0.8. Efter EGI alignment press NAV (RSK7), then set NMSP for EGI before turning on EAC.

Don't forget to arm both SAS pitch and yaw channels either, as they're also required for EAC/PAC. And yeah, the usual mistake is that people skip the full four minutes of alignment.

take a look at the EAC wiki. I guess the problem is the IFFCC / CADC are prerequisite for the HUD TVV and Gun Reticule, but the EAC is requiring basically all systems to work. Quick check rule: all lights on the caution panel should be off at the end of startup.

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/EAC_-_Autopilot_system_explained

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Pauli, if the EGI light you see is on the right side that means it isn't working.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

...then set NMSP for EGI before turning on EAC.

After scratching my head today for a moment in the cockpit when I couldn't get my EAC switch to engage, after everything else was done and the board was clean but for one light, thats exactly what I forgot to do too. The board doesn't represent a failure to correctly set the NMSP yet this step is required to clear the EAC light.

I'd be surprised if its anything.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.