DCS Cockpit Textures with MIP Maps

I created a mod for Huey Cockpit so all the textures have mip maps thus shimmering around some of the edges and on text is minimized. Also some FPS increase can be achieved this way.

Here is the link:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/377048/

And a short movie where you can see the difference. I point with the little yellow cross where the effects are most easy to be seen. Use 1080p for clear image.

-OrwZvmFFN4

I will update this post with the next cockpits (F15C is one) as I upload them and get approved.

Small update with what I found today:

1. A-10C new cockpit from Ricardo has very good mip maps in general. I found only the right console not having mip maps but is not critical as almost no text or heavy graphics are there.

2. Su-25A has only bitmaps and targa files in it. That's why it is processed OK by the graphics card... mip maps are generated on the fly for such files. One disadvantage is that the cockpit texture archive has 50MB when in DDS format with mipmaps has only 17MB.

3. Su27 Cockpit has mip maps but "very economical"... only 3 stages. Still better than F15C that has only 2. For Su27 there is still a problem when turning on the cockpit light... from 50+FPS it goes to 35. Playable but clearly an issue. Is not produced by mipmaps though.

4. A-10A stock has good mip maps. No need for any rework there.

5. F15C I have redone mip mipas a while ago after some testing I will upload them

6. P51 is in same situation as F15C

7. Ka50 cockpit from Ricardo has some issues with mip maps... this is to be seen how it will be solved. I need to talk with Ricardo.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Very nice. :)

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

The New A10C pit from Ricardo looks OK from mip mapping point of view. I didn't checked but I think he got it very well now. The Ka-50 (blue HD pit from Ricardo) had some issues on some labels.

For the rest of the cockpits it will take a bit to upload them as this weekend I finally upgraded my gaming PC and I was bussy moving and restoring things .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 2 months later...

Zaelu, can you please make your UH1H mod for 1.2.6? Thanks a lot for the effort

Phenom II X4 BE@4GHz, 8GB Ram DDR3 9clock, Intel 320 SSD, MSI Twinfrozr GTX560Ti, Win7 64, TrackIR5, Hotas Cougar, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

Textures High, Scenes Medium, Civ Traffic Low, Water Medium, Visib Range High, Heat Blur On, Shadows High, Res 1680x1050, Res of Cockpit Displays 256, MSAA 8xQ, HDR Warm, Clutter/Bushes 31m, Trees 5520m, Cockpit Shadows On, TSSAA Off, Mirrors Off

I do have them for all planes for 1.2.6. But I don't know if it's OK with Belsimtek.

I'll upload for Huey and if they approve it on DCS site then is OK.

edit...

I upload it and I see it is already approved.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/451519/

It shouldn't be a problem after all as those files a publically available by downloading and installing the module in DCS World... it doesn't need to be activated the module to have access to files.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

well done I love it!! :thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

1. problem, the CSM panel is black. :joystick:

2. not working with the new sight pilot side I can not get a reticule.

ok I see you have the old version your not updated to 1.2.6?

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Im very curious about your texture enhancement for the P51.

The huey improved fps and reading text (at MSAA 2x) for me.

As I have a 5850 and fortunately, radeon pro software has improved my tearing problem at 30 fps vsync. (enforcing tripple buffer directx) As AMD ccc is a bit lame with not giving these useful options.