Best HOTAS setup, request info (no price limit)

Heya, jumping back into flight sims now that 4K monitors are coming out. If you had to start from scratch and had a decent budget, which flight control path would you go with for jets (force sensing)?

Buy a lightly used Cougar and add:

Cougar Stick:

FSSB R2

Throttle:

Cubpilot HS1 Throttle Hall sensor

UTM Bushings

Aluminum Speed brake/dogfight switches

(Anything else to make a top of the line Cougar throttle?)

-Or-

Buy a lightly used Cougar and add:

Stick:

Warthog solo stick

FSSB R3

Cougar Throttle:

Cubpilot HS1 Throttle Hall sensor

UTM Bushings

Aluminum Speed brake/dogfight switches

-Or-

Buy a full Warthog kit + FSSB R3 and be done with it using stock Warthog throttle?

I understand that the solo Warthog stick can be used with the FSSB R3 via Target, but the Cougar throttle would need to be plugged into the Cougar joystick somewhere off to the side, which then plugs into the computer and runs via Foxy? Any issues with the above config on Windows 7 or 8?

What else could be done to a Cougar throttle to make it "tops"? Anyone run the stock Warthog throttle and find it find for jets in general? Any other suggestions for a great HOTAS setup? Since these setups are fairly pricey, I'd like to get it done right the first time. Would your answer change if it wasn't just 100% for force sensing HOTAS jets, but primarily with a few other sim titles tossed in?

Pedals:

I understand that Simped's are not made anymore. What would be the next best thing, Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals? Any programming issues with the above HOTAS combos?

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

Update: Oops, sorry ops. Didn't read the your entire post carefully, please forget what I said...

Also, if you really want to use the Cougar Throttle with the Warthog, you'd need to keep a Cougar stick around as the throttle won't function without it. You could rip of the guts and replace it with a BU08386X though.

Edited by recoilfx
Me being stupid

If you want force sensing the Saitek x-65 works out of the box with no issues. The calibration issues have been fixed with the latest drivers.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11