Slight technical problem...please advise?

FFOman

Hi all! I originally purchased A-10C Warthog thru Steam, but when I started trying to learn this fantastic sim I found I was out of date and then was told to update here. I did so, getting the full DCS world single and multiplayer along with the Su. Then after installing, I found that I had a brand new installation of it all outside of Steam, and not requiring Steam to play at all! This was great, and so I got started, deleting the Steam version all together.

Last month my computer blew up...I lost and had to replace my SSD boot drive for Win 7 64, and my Xeon processor! Bad and expensive enough right? So when I got it back from stir with a brand new Win 7 64 installation and no copies of any ancillary files needed by my many applications, games, and sims that were installed on my E: drive, ( a 2 Tb HD ), I am now faced with having to re-install nearly everything in order to get them running properly again!

DCS World for both single and mp play is still installed on my E: drive, but I cannot run any of the World or plane exe's due to all those missing files. So I started looking thru my archives to find the files I needed to completely re-install over the original installations. Here is all I can find:

Under the DCS World directory I have:

A-10C_1.2.0.63205.exe

DCS_World_en_1.2.0.63205.exe

DCS_World_en_1.2.0.63205-1.bin

DCS_World_en_1.2.0.63205-2.bin

DCS_World_en_1.2.0.63205-3.bin

I realize the 3 bin files were extracted from the exe of the same name, but I cannot run anything even though the installs are complete except for any files that may have been installed automatically into my original boot drive. And I cannot find any kind of serial numbers or other keys.

So what I'm asking is if someone can please tell me what files to install again, in what order, and where. Do I need any additional files I haven't found? And what about the serial numbers and/or keys?

As soon as I can get my original DCS working again, I want to buy the Mustang and Black Shark sims for DCS, so please...tell me what I need to do!

Thanx in advance for any and all help!

From 'Robert Meek' aka "FFOman" dba Tangentals Design Creative Concepts in Programming Design & Code

Business e-mail: TanDesign@comcast.net Gaming e-mail: FFOlonghair@comcast.net

Games I Play: DCS World, FreeSpace 2, Star Citizen, F1 2015, Chess.

FFOman's World Blog: Coming Soon!ttp://ffomansworldblog.wordpress.com/

What I would do is go here

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/dcs_world/

download all of the most up to date files - all the bin files and the exe - then install them by running the exe.

After that is done dowlaod and install A10-C module from here

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/modules/

You will need your A10 game key from steam. I'm not at my gaming machine so can't check if you can get the game key from steam without installing the steam version first. I know you can get it from the properties for the game by right clicking on it in your list of steam games. You may need to install that version to get your key, then un-install it again, but hopefully not.

Go get the versions mentioned above. Download the torrent file- it's likely faster.

Go into Steam... I believe you just right click once on the game title in your library and click "get CD Key" I think it is... copy that.

When asked after installing your fresh install from DCS download mentioned above (NOT steam), paste the key you were given in Steam.

Voila!

Edit: It is also worth mentioning that the 1.1.1.1 version and the latest version install separately- so you needn't remove the STEAM version (though it DOES take up a lot of room.) I guess my point is that one install won't affect the other. If you decide to remove 1.1.1.1 (there are still some nice features that make it "look" pretty) at a later time then you can do so without affecting your new install at all. Similarly- updating and changing, modding etc the new install will not affect the 1.1.1.1 install at all.

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Thanx guys! I was pretty sure I remembered the Steam keys could be used on the stand-alone version otherwise I would have made note of the other ones in a special encrypted file I keep all my username and password info in!

From 'Robert Meek' aka "FFOman" dba Tangentals Design Creative Concepts in Programming Design & Code

Business e-mail: TanDesign@comcast.net Gaming e-mail: FFOlonghair@comcast.net

Games I Play: DCS World, FreeSpace 2, Star Citizen, F1 2015, Chess.

FFOman's World Blog: Coming Soon!ttp://ffomansworldblog.wordpress.com/