Does ECM work in Single Player

This might be a dumb question, but.

Does the ECM function in SP really have any effect on the AI enemy's ability to lock and fire on you? I would imagine it should, yet they seem to shoot just as well whether I have it on or not.

In the Su-27 it appears as if this does not function at all, the light on the dash that I think is supposed to be lit, does not.

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

ECM does not prevent firing, just prevent the shooter to know your speed and altitude ( or delay it until their radar burns through) , but it does broadcast your presence. I would suggest not to turn ECM on unless RWR is spiking ( meaning the looking for you)

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Yeah I realize it gives you away. These are QM dogfights where they already know I'm there. If "AI" is lit on the dash of the F-15, that means "Airborne Intercept" right? So if that's lit they already see you?

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Means they are looking your way and could see you. RWR will never be certain. It simply tells us that it is receiving RADAR signal.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

ECM does not prevent firing, just prevent the shooter to know your speed and altitude ( or delay it until their radar burns through) , but it does broadcast your presence. I would suggest not to turn ECM on unless RWR is spiking ( meaning the looking for you)

If you are Spiked, they are tracking you, not just looking for you.

Anyway, I'm also wondering if the current ECM really are of any use. Especially since the burn-through range is much higher than what it was (for fighters' ECM).

Also tested just a little bit with SAMs, didn't seem to make any difference.

Maybe they are just useful in MP when you want to hide your exact range, or to get the bad guys' attention so that others can slip through. And even then, just barely useful...