Odd Issue With PC Fan Speed Going Crazy In DCSW

Sharpe_95

Hi Guys,

Really weird. I moved house recently and ever since I moved my PC fan has been going CRAZY (like the PC is about to melt down). It ONLY happens with DCSW, all other games and PC functions are fine. Room/PC is well ventilated, fans are functionally ok, I have removed all dust with dry air spray etc etc.

I have tried messing round with graphics setting (not the tick box ones - all of which are off for me) and I have set graphics really high, really low - same thing. It's so loud I can't hear the A10c engine noise in my earphones anymore without turning the volume from min to medium. This has never been the case before and the only thing that has changed in the time since I moved is that:

a) I now have my internet (fibre optic instead of copper) coming straight into my PC on the hard line instead of WiFi.

b) DCSW has had one or two updates (I was without internet for about three weeks).

Anyway, I thought it might be something to do with my PC needing to 'break in' after 3 weeks or so of not being used and it's still happening. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Is it something to do with the patches recently? Is there a fix?

Any thoughts regarding this mystery would be well received - I am stumped!

Many thanks,

-Sharpe

PS: Note the fan ratchets up to maximum the moment I am in game - it doesn't wait for anything it just goes to max. Also, going to F10 view slows it down to something like I used to expect from a heavy gaming session on a warm day.

Check and Monitor CPU and GPU Temps when playing DCSW and other games, Fan Speed is controlled by the mainboard or GPU Driver/Firmware, NOT DCSW.

Since you moved, the Acoustics in the house can be different. Simple things can effect acoustics to make PC Fans sound like turbines. (Angle of Case to the wall, etc etc)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Check and Monitor CPU and GPU Temps when playing DCSW and other games, Fan Speed is controlled by the mainboard or GPU Driver/Firmware, NOT DCSW.

Since you moved, the Acoustics in the house can be different. Simple things can effect acoustics to make PC Fans sound like turbines. (Angle of Case to the wall, etc etc)

Check CPU/GPU fan speeds: How does one do this - my nvidia software does not seem to support this. Also what are considered 'normal parameters'?

Acoustics: Good idea but no, its really not that the change is far to dramatic and noticeable to be something like acoustics. Besides the rooms/set are almost identical.

Thanks,

-Sharpe

download 'speedfan'. it will show you all your fans, plus temps. Very useful app.

Also, consider updating from stock fan on your cpu to a higher end version, such as a cooler master Hyper Cool 212. It uses a larger fan, so it runs quieter, plus cools MUCH better. I upgraded mine, where it was routinely running very hot at 60C. Now it stays below 40C and is very quiet.

download 'speedfan'. it will show you all your fans, plus temps. Very useful app.

Also, consider updating from stock fan on your cpu to a higher end version, such as a cooler master Hyper Cool 212. It uses a larger fan, so it runs quieter, plus cools MUCH better. I upgraded mine, where it was routinely running very hot at 60C. Now it stays below 40C and is very quiet.

Thanks for the software tip. Ive already got (lots of) improved fans on my rig. They seem to have done the job for the last 18 months. I think the software you suggest may be of use - does it allow you to tinker with settings or just observe?

-Sharpe