Need help for BS2 setup and joystick (rookie)

uboats

Hi,

I plan to upgrade my BS1.02 to BS2.

I know that BS1.02 changed the trim lock activation that when joystick is released to central position, the trim lock is activated which is different from BS1.00 that is activated immediately after press the trim lock button.

In the BS2, I found that there is a 'trim central mode' option and I don't know what it means. Does it mean that I can switch between two different trim modes like the ones in BS1.00 and BS1.02, respectively? Or?

Moreover, I have a t16000m joystick and only the throttle of X52. Could I have your suggestion about how to setup the HOTAS? For t16000m, I would like to use buttons setup in the game, while for x52 throttle, I'd like to use key mapping via saitek software. Does anyone have the same equipment combinations? Could you supply your configurations for reference?

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

In the BS2, I found that there is a 'trim central mode' option and I don't know what it means. Does it mean that I can switch between two different trim modes like the ones in BS1.00 and BS1.02, respectively? Or?

If I understand your question correctly, the "Central Position Trimmer" mode is exactly what you're looking for. It lets you choose between the (very) old 1.0 behavior and the "new" behavior of 1.0.2 IIRC.

In other words:

With Central Position Trimmer mode set to On, when you release the trim button, both cyclic and rudder will be completely locked until you return both your physical cyclic and rudder to their center positions (minus a few percent tolerance that can be tweaked by editing the corresponding .lua files; use the search function to find out more details).

With Central Position Trimmer mode set to Off, when you release the trim button, there will be a short delay (half a second IIRC) until the physical position of your cyclic and rudder will be added to their virtual position, so you should re-center the physical controls very quickly.

Moreover, I have a t16000m joystick and only the throttle of X52. Could I have your suggestion about how to setup the HOTAS? For t16000m, I would like to use buttons setup in the game, while for x52 throttle, I'd like to use key mapping via saitek software. Does anyone have the same equipment combinations? Could you supply your configurations for reference?

I have neither of these, but I don't think there are any major problems with the way you would like to set them up.

If I understand your question correctly, the "Central Position Trimmer" mode is exactly what you're looking for. It lets you choose between the (very) old 1.0 behavior and the "new" behavior of 1.0.2 IIRC.

In other words:

With Central Position Trimmer mode set to On, when you release the trim button, both cyclic and rudder will be completely locked until you return both your physical cyclic and rudder to their center positions (minus a few percent tolerance that can be tweaked by editing the corresponding .lua files; use the search function to find out more details).

With Central Position Trimmer mode set to Off, when you release the trim button, there will be a short delay (half a second IIRC) until the physical position of your cyclic and rudder will be added to their virtual position, so you should re-center the physical controls very quickly.

Thanks for your detailed descriptions.

Can I understand that with CPT mode ON, it is 1.02 behavior. While OFF, it is 1.00?

Which one is better or more realistic?

Thanks again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Can I understand that with CPT mode ON, it is 1.02 behavior. While OFF, it is 1.00?

I don't currently have Black Shark installed (neither version), but I believe that assessment is correct.

Which one is better or more realistic?

Neither. :)

The most realistic would be a Force Feedback joystick. In the real Black Shark (as well as other helicopters with Force Trim, AFAIK), the cyclic stick retains its position after pressing the trim button. In other words, there are no forces acting on the stick.

With a non-FF stick like the X52, the physical stick always returns to the center position as soon as you let go of it. So with such a stick, it's really up to you whether you prefer the Central Position Trimmer mode on or off. You should just experiment with both options and try to figure out which one you prefer.

In my opinion, these are the most important downsides of the two options:

With CPT mode On, you risk being locked out of your controls. I've had a few crashes because of this as the controls simply wouldn't respond until re-centered -- but in order to avoid crashing, I didn't allow myself the time to re-center them.

With CPT mode Off, there's a good chance that the Shark will "bump" around the place because physical controller input gets added to virtual controller input after trimming (if you don't re-center the physical controls quickly enough).

Personally, I've always preferred CPT mode Off, but I think once your comfortable flying the Black Shark, either mode should be okay as long as you're aware of the pros and cons.

I personally like the CPT mode as I seem to be a bit slow in recentering in .5s.

In the end, its just personal preference wich mode to use. Neither one is realisitic, as a realistic behaviour is only possible with a ForceFeedback-Stick. A problem with CPTmode could be the Stick you use. If the Central position is not that accurate, you end up stirring around till you hit the center to be able to manouver again.

Your setup shouldnt be a problem, as you can map the buttons for the stick and use the saitek SST. Although I wonder why you dont use the X52-Stick aswell?!

I bought t16000 first which is more accurate than x52 stick, then I only need a throttle.

I was flying bs1.02 and each time when I pressed the trimmer button, and released the stick, the helicopter always had a slightly or somehow different pose, compared with the one at the moment of pressing the trimmer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]