CBU 97/105 less effective?

ToffeeFiveOh

Hello all, first time post, long time reader. This forum's so comprehensive I haven't had the need to post until now. :thumbup:

I've recently made the switch from standalone DCS A-10C (steam) to the module in DCS World, and I've noticed that my 97/105 skeets are doing less damage to armored targets than I had noticed previously. I dropped a pair of CBU-105s on a tight cluster of 4 T-72s killing one, and reducing most of the others to about half health. Other flights have yielded similar results. I was experiencing much more effectiveness with CBUs before integrating to DCS world.

Have the damage model, or some other characteristic of the CBUs changed in recent patches (Steam, I think, doesn't update DCS titles to the most recent)?

Or is this just another HOF issue? I've heard some conflicting reports, so I'm not yet sure where that sweet spot is...

For bonus points: Anyone know the number of skeets required to take down a T72?

Thanks!

yes, do a search for something like CBU Damage and you will see.

Here is one thread. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=99553&highlight=CBU+Damage

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

thats odd, i usually can take down multiple hardened targets with only 1 cbu if hit well enough. If there is no Wind 4 Tanks shouldnt be a Problem with 1 cbu.

EDIT: Just tried attacking some Abrams with 97's as i guessed they have a good armor. To my surprise, as I did good hits on a tight pack of tanks, I only got 1 Kill, 3 severely damaged tanks, 2 damaged tanks and 3 untouched tanks out of 9...

Guess its been some time since I used 97's on MBTs ^^

Edited by Maverick-X