Multi Screen Settings Foul-up

:mad:

Just tried iControl for iPad ($20 wasted) with a 3 monitor set-up (Nvidia GTX590 card) using Windows 7. What a foul-up! Its bad enough it leaving the extra MFCDs and CDU screens displays on the monitors but I also couldn't get the iPad to link up - yes, I did have all sofware loaded on both iPad and on PC AND I followed all the instructions as well as the threads on the subject. I therefore decided to junk it and return to my previous set-up.

My problem is trying to return to my 3 screen surround set-up: I now get a blue band at the top of the screen and the aspect ratio of my 3 screens is all wrong and compressed vertically. My aspect ratio set up under the NVidia control panel is 5760 x 1180 (recommended, and previously used successfully) and this ratio is also set under the DCS World <Options> menu.

I am also using TrackIRv5 as used successfully before.

I think there must be something left over from the iControl software but cannot find anything. Anybody who can give some guidance will be most welcome!

Alpine Systems PC with Intel i7-2600K @ 3.40/3.70 GHz. NVidia GTX590 Graphics. 24 Gb RAM (24 Gb usable!). 64 bit. Windows 7 PRO SP1. 3 x Samsung P2370 monitors. Thrustmaster HOTAS. TrackIR5. :joystick:

:thumbup:

You are quite right - I have not used a custom 'lua' as I haven't had the nerve to try that route yet!

Your suggestion sounds promising and I will try tomorrow. I did this install/uninstall before when I first tried the iControl software with the same result, but somehow managed to (accidentally) fix it.

Incidentally, the iControl instructions are really bad - especially the uninstall guidance. The files they instruct you to amend are not where they say they are, and do take a bit of searching for. I never have found the < ....A10VChook> file so I am hoping your suggestion does the business. I shall let you know.

Once again, many thanks for your time. :pilotfly:

Alpine Systems PC with Intel i7-2600K @ 3.40/3.70 GHz. NVidia GTX590 Graphics. 24 Gb RAM (24 Gb usable!). 64 bit. Windows 7 PRO SP1. 3 x Samsung P2370 monitors. Thrustmaster HOTAS. TrackIR5. :joystick:

Multi Screen Settings Foul-Up Cont'd

:helpsmilie:

Yes - I did have Bonjour loaded and I did run set up for the server as suggested. It still did not hook up.

However, with a 3 screen set-up I decided that I did NOT like the 'imposition' of the MFCD screens and CDU screens onto my monitors. Therefore I decided to return to my previous set-up without any iControl programs at all. I followed the (poor) instructions to uninstall, but without luck. My problem is now the vertically 'squeezed' presentation across my 3 monitor screens. I also have a blue band at the top.

I have also tried re-installing both DCS World and the A10-C module, but I still have the problem screen presentation.

What I am now requesting is help with my settings to remove the squeezed effect and the blue band, and to get my flattened instruments back to circular.

I am using an nVidia GTX590 graphics card with a 8 Gb RAM Windows 7 system. It worked before perfectly - I want it back! Does anyone know what settings I should use on my nVidia screen set-up? I'm sure it must be something simple that I am doing wrong.

Thanks again for any help. :smilewink:

Make sure that you have deleted the DCS iCOntrol line found in

C:>users>"yourname">Saved Games>DCS>Scripts>Export.lua

Open with Notepad++ and delete the DCS iControl line (found toward the bottom)

Then go to your Program Files> Eagle Dynamics>DCS World>Config>MonitorSetup folder and delete the A-10C Virtual Cockpit Server.lua files...

Et voiola, no more iControl and your default settings (as set under options) should work. You should have a backup of your original monitor config that iControl creates in the same folder.

Edited by UrbanTerrorist

Thanks for the suggestions - I did all you suggested, but still the problem remains. The DCS iControl line was the only line in the folder <Export.lua> and I just left the folder empty (should I have deleted the folder itself?). There were two A-10C Virtual Cockpit Server.lua files (amongst a few other lines in the MonitorSetup folder) and I deleted both of them as suggested.

I'm sure it got rid of some lurking problems but I still have the vertically compressed image on my screen.

Found the answer - aspect ratio! I had been using 16:9 instead of default of 5.333333333. When I used the default value it all worked correctly and I flew a training mission to celebrate.

Just to make sure, I reset the aspect ratio to 16:9 and of course got the compressed screen image again. Went back to <Options> and, whoops! The default value of 5.3333333 was not there as an option.

Silly question, but how do I reset to aspect ratio of 5.33333333 ? (please be patient with me - even my wife says I can be very trying!).

Edited by roadrabbit
New information

Tally Ho!

edit c:\username\savedgames\dcs\config\options.lua it contains the aspect ration setting in it

:thumbup:

Et voila - we have been restored to normal activity.

Many thanks to the 'team' - you guys are great. Without you this simulator world would be a poorer place.

Now, back to the mission ............. :pilotfly: