DCS WWII: Europe 1944

Wow.

This has prompted me to register here for the first time ever. Those that know me know that I am not a "jet guy", but with this development I will be a DCS customer.

BTW, any word if Oleg is involved at all?

If Oleg is involved we can look forward to all the trains running on schedule.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Korean War spin off of Cliffs of Dover.

Luthier had a very good looking model of an A1 Skyraider that was shown for that.

The rather late model P51 that is already in DCS would fit right in with it.

Now that would be awesome. A1? Sign me up.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

I guess my only concern is that CloD, while a fun game - especially online after the TF mod with 100 player fights, had some pretty serious things just plain wrong with the flight models which couldn't really be accepted in a DCS level sim.

This is my concern as well. The IL-2 series has always had dodgy flight physics and low fidelity to aircraft specifications, among its many other flaws.

any word if Oleg is involved at all?

Mr. Maddox quit making flying games some time ago; last I heard, he's now making software completely unrelated to games & sims.

He would definitely have some revolutionary input wrt FMs

ROFL!! Good one.

Edited by Echo38

Don't forget anything with the DCS logo on it will have to be approved by DCS.

If we have enjoyed their standards in the past, no reason to believe this new WW2 project will be any less.

It occurs to me that the CloD folks might be working on a FC-style WWII survey sim-game. DCS:FCoD might not be so far-fetched, after all.

All will be much more clear after the Kickstarter video is released soon. I think you will all be quite happy :)

Matt,

Two things. Can you confirm that DCS News is about to bust wide the hell open in the next month?? :smilewink: Also, and please excuse my ignorance, can you please define "Kickstarter" and will ED or 3rd party be releasing this video?

EDIT: I really love the direction of DCS and I can hardly control myself. Someone hold me please!!!

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Anything possible at this point, everyone is assuming WWII, but maybe they will pick another era :)

No one is assuming. From Wags himself.

We are very excited about this, particularly what it means for our second world war combat environment.

Matt

I will definitely back this starter project.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Those that know me know that I am not a "jet guy", but with this development I will be a DCS customer.

No El, you're a P-40 kinda guy, who also likes to move mud on occasions. Ah, so nice to see an immediate gathering of the old clan.........

Excellent news indeed !

(It would be real nice if Oleg was involved as well... :) )

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

This is certainly interesting.. it is good to see Ilya working again.. I hope this new thing is the Korean era... that is a spot that is wide open for development.. and it could go from there straight into Vietnam..

Edited by Bearcat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Fx-8350 | ASUS M5A99X EVO | EVGA 1050G PS | Corsair Force 3 240GSSD

Samsung 840 EVO 500G SSD | 32G Corsair Vengance DDR3 | Seagate 1TB 7200RPMHD

WD 2TB 7200 RPMHD XFX DD FX-HD 7870 2GB DDR5 | SB Xi-Fi APU | W7 U | TIR3

MSFFB2 | Saitek X-52|SaitekPro Pedals | Logitech Z-640 5.1 | ASUS VE248 24" LCD

Mr. Maddox doesn't know nearly enough about about aircraft & airflow to be involved in a DCS title. Not to mention the level of care...

Careful mate, them's fighting words :D Although I'd have to agree with you at least partially, taken into account how sloppily / lethargically MG used to respond to certain problems wrt modelling / bugs affecting IL-2 back in the day... but let bygones be bygones still and wish all the best to the new team regardless, now shouldn't we? Because if these guys pull this off the result will be a hit - and that's only a good thing for DCS innit?

So the best of luck to Ilya & co. from me at least. Excellent news!

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

So the best of luck to Ilya & co. from me at least.

Ilya was the one responsible for CloD, right? And the bugs aside, that seems to have been a big step in the right direction, compared with old IL-2. Well, best of luck to the new guys--may they make the best Second World War fighter sim that can be.

Very good news! Good luck, Ilya. I'll support you through Kickstarter and hope that this form of financing will allow for the very best WW2 flightsim ever to be created.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Careful mate, them's fighting words :D Although I'd have to agree with you at least partially, taken into account how sloppily / lethargically MG used to respond to certain problems wrt modelling / bugs affecting IL-2 back in the day... but let bygones be bygones still and wish all the best to the new team regardless, now shouldn't we? Because if these guys pull this off the result will be a hit - and that's only a good thing for DCS innit?

So the best of luck to Ilya & co. from me at least. Excellent news!

True, there no need to bash Ilya and Oleg, they created awesome IL2 sim and wanted to make something unique with its CLOD. Nobody knows what really happened inside team and about its premature release by ubi. Right now, Team fusion is fixing CLOD and what they achieved for the last 6 month is unbelievable !!! We will have another cult sim, the only problem is that source code is not available.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

I'm not a fan of WW2 era and simulations, however that are fine news. I think, it's great that ED will get some support by such experienced guys for this theme.

Maybe, the core team of ED can concentrate itself more on modern fighter jets, like the F/A-18 and many other like this or on maps.

And I hope, that the coming new WW2 fanbase can support ED, like we did/ do it.

regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS: Flaming Cliffs of Dover :)

That's funny! :megalol:

funny ? i hope not :noexpression:

i hope it is dead serious, coz i hope they will bring a lot of WWII aircrafts with SFM quickly :thumbup: for DCSW instead to bring only a few aircrafts slowly with AFM :cry:

one question guys: is RRG studios = 777 studios ? or not ? :dunno:

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

I hope the new engine EDGE will improve the accuracy of the sim physics some. Right now the GAU-8 with its massive 30mm doesn't move the tanks at all. New physics will be needed to accurately model the ability of American pilots to flip WWII tanks with the weight of fire from the .50cal's.

i hope it is dead serious, coz i hope they will bring a lot of WWII aircrafts with SFM quickly :thumbup: for DCSW instead to bring only a few aircrafts slowly with AFM :cry:

SFM? No thank's. Quality rather then Quantity for me.

Edited by 159th_Falcon
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)