DCS WWII: Europe 1944

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello folks,

Wow, what a big thread.

Sorry - this whole thing wasn't supposed to be public yet. A single misclick on my part set in motion a chain of events of such epic proportions, who could have ever guessed. And well, here we are.

I've been posting on a Russian forum a bunch last night since that's where the leak came out. Figured I owe it to you guys to actually post everything in English.

Here's what I talked about in Russian yesterday:

1. There’s a new project in development between RRG Studios (my company) and Eagle Dynamics.

2. We’re making a new WWII flight sim.

3. The general approach in the new sim is the same as in DCS: P-51.

4. Cockpit workload, cabin systems, levers-buttons-gears, reliance on actual historical manuals, and the flight model, will be the same as in DCS: P-51.

5. Modeling of various secondary internal systems, such as modeling the pressure inside each bend in the hydraulics, will be somewhat simplified.

6. The landscape in the new project will be based on EDGE.

7. The theater, planeset, screenshots, videos, etc – will come in due time.

And here's some new information:

1. Myself and a bunch of ED guys are flying in nice tight formation to the Flying Legends airshow tomorrow. We’ll go TSA on the vintage warbirds there. There’ll be lots of videos and photos.

2. The official project announcement, alongside screenshots, videos, schedules, and the most detailed feature description you’ve ever seen on any flight sim ever, will come no earlier and no later than September 1st, 2013. The date is very important for the project. We cannot miss it. Be there.

Other than that, I won’t be revealing any more details until Sept 1st.

I'll hang around here for a few more hours, and then I'm off to Flying Legends until Tuesday.

• Like 3

2. The official project announcement, alongside screenshots, videos, schedules, and the most detailed feature description you’ve ever seen on any flight sim ever, will come no earlier and no later than September 1st, 2013. The date is very important for the project. We cannot miss it. Be there.

Other than that, I won’t be revealing any more details until Sept 1st.

I'll hang around here for a few more hours, and then I'm off to Flying Legends until Tuesday.

Will the project be announced on 05:45? :D

1.6 month wait.... Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I i don't understand why people trash il2 1946 or CLOD so much.I started playing 1946 online this spring after a 6 year brake.And played seriously for about a month.

And then tried DCS p51 and could land , kick the AI's ass without braking a sweat.The first 2-3 times i took off i crashed because i didn't know about the ruder locking deal and pushed the stick forward :) .Online i flew for a very limited time but only one of three guys barely beat me (Conquer).

I like to fly the DCS p51 a little more because you have to be very precise especialy in a dogfight.But you can only dogfight DCS p51 vs p51 for now and that is it.

Today il2 1946 has full scale aerial battles with realistic goals and such, realistic tactics (energy fighter vs maneuvering fighter, thach weave and so on ).

And even if RRG Studios does a less then stelar job which i don't belive, we will still have a complete ww2 sim rather then one plane at the moment.

so I guess that rules out more info on Friday's Wagdate.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Excuse me for prying: Since you called this a "new flight sim", does that mean it will be based on EDs technology but branded separately, or will it fall in line with the existant DCS Flying Legends series?

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• ED Team

Yeah, I caught that as well... will this run within DCS World, or separate?

Excuse me for prying: Since you called this a "new flight sim", does that mean it will be based on EDs technology but branded separately, or will it fall in line with the existant DCS Flying Legends series?

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

By those comments it seems that it was indeed a side project with not much priority, I would think the 190 would come together faster as its going to be an actual module, where as the P-51 started out as something else...

Yes, it was P-51D , at least the visual model :). 2003-2004 as far as I remember.

^ that's why i did not write 8-9 years (DCS:Mustang was released in 2012)

sign-pic4.jpg

or maybe he wrote "new flight sim" because of EDGE

in september ? ? ? :bounce: :D

sign-pic4.jpg

September 1st: anniversary start of ww2 (Poland invasion Scenery / Teather?)

Hello folks,

Wow, what a big thread.

Sorry - this whole thing wasn't supposed to be public yet.

hello here

but if your infos leaked already please drop some cats more out from your bag

which aircrafts are you planning to make for DCSW generally

russian WWII aircrafts ?

La-s, Yak-s, Tu-s ?

TY

sign-pic4.jpg

hmmmmm :thumbup:

Gloria Estefan's Birthday.... :megalol::megalol:

I really should not say at this point.

However, one of the main goals is not to fragment the community. We're obviously planning a separate branch, however it's branded. And the main goal is, regardless of what you're planing, what you're buying, what you're supporting, etc, that you should be able to play with any other DCS fan online at any time without any undue hassle.

We'll release excruciating details on our approach in September.