DCS WWII: Europe 1944

....Someone should throw a poll up and leave it open as more and more WW2 sim fans sign up here.

unfortunately they are (WWII newbies) who absolutely dont know how DCSW and its files/folders tree work, they wont know what (how many problems and difficulties) will a seperate install cause

• Like 2

sign-pic4.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately they are (WWII newbies) who absolutely dont know how DCSW and its files/folders tree work, they wont know what (how many problems and difficulties) will a seperate install cause

Agreed.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

there will always be bashing no matter what whether it some other game/simulation, just human nature..no one will even be fully pleased with a product...

cheers..

:thumbup:

look, ED worked a lot (years) to bring all modules under only one base - that was their greatest job

i hope that wasnt the price to bring WWII 3rd parties in DCSW to allow another install

sign-pic4.jpg

I am very much looking forward to seeing how this shapes up. Imagining DCS World 3-5 years down the line, running on a more modern engine, and with plenty of aircraft and theaters of war to pick and choose from.

Look forward to more info on this project, and best of luck.

If you think about it, its really no biggie its what the developer thinks is best for his potential client base you will only have two installs if you play both DCS World and DCS WWII then its basically our choice to have both.

Its also been said we can merge everything into one if we want so there's a lot of options to keep both parties happy, It's something we don't know all the ins and outs.

Theres a lot of its, its and its. heh

Edited by TimeKilla
Its

:joystick: YouTube :pilotfly:

TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.

I have to say, it is a great thing to see this passion and people so protective over the sim they love. I feel the same way and I want DCS to truly achieve the incredible potential it has. My first comment is this: ED/RRG have to gear their product to an extent to "marketing metrics." It's a matter of survival. And we all need this to occur...despite what you think you may want. While I commend everyone for insisting on quality and fidelity, certain decisions are based off chances of success and risk mitigation. As has been said in prior posts, very delicately I must add, if the financial backing of this entire endeavor was dependent upon only the contributions of our devoted forum members, this project wouldn't have a chance. Funding is required and it has to be generated in a wide scope. Please try to be aware of the big picture while expressing "the love of the game".

At the same time, I believe the forum is an invaluable tool for the developers to use in fine tuning the World to help make it run at its best. Of course we want it all, but like most things in life we should be happy to find a happy middle ground that keeps this effort moving forward and helps the genre stay far from extinction. I'm not talking about compromise as much as facing reality.

Personally, I think the division of World and 1944 can work. I do agree there needs to be a common interface that displays what that specific user has purchased; World, 1944, or Both. And ideally, any differences in file structure or arrangement of data should be transparent to the average customer. Revision and configuration control will be crucial.

I came here to try the A-10 & I stayed here because of the P-51D. I want very much to stretch it's legs in a true WWII environment. The key thing that I think we all want is expansion without compromise. That is a very tricky notion and there is not one piece of software I'd like to see succeed more than this one.

Best post I've read in ages.

So, let's not pull facts out of the context to make our arguments.

I don't appreciate being accused of warping facts. Do some research in the relevant threads and you will find plenty of users who lamented exactly that, a WWII plane being able to fly alongside jets. ;)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

We actually think that a large part of the community will want to have things separate...

...I mean, we'll look at install numbers and see how the inidividual modules do. If we turn out to be horribly wrong and everyone just plugs everything together and uses it as a giant sandbox, or rather two giant merged sandboxes, then we may reconsider.

i hope they wont be wrong, but only time will justify

sign-pic4.jpg

look, ED worked a lot (years) to bring all modules under only one base - that was their greatest job

i hope that wasnt the price to bring WWII 3rd parties in DCSW to allow another install

I have always been happy with the direction DCS went either way it was..I am not bashing just referring to 777_Jason's post...I find no faults here with the DCS product base..and the future they intend to bring...

Edited:

I am a firm supporter of DCS...and the products it will offer...

Edited by Double_D

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

Thread cleaned up.

Let's take a breather, gents. No reason to resort to namecalling.

Edit: Additionally, i don't want to see any more of this ED vs (insert sim of your choice) flamefest nonsense. If you can't appreciate EDs work without being derogatory towards the work of others or vice versa, this is not a place for you.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I'd like to do a "Final Countdown" scenario with an enormous WW2 attacking force (ships, planes, armour etc) with a small but modern blocking force and see how it turns out. I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this in the past 90 pages but that would be an epic mission to build.

I will call it "The Final Battlerattle."

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

As a long-time member of the silent majority, I am torn.

On the one hand I wish ED and all of it's partners the best in their endeavors to move our very much loved simulation forward. Unfortunately, their exists some unknowns in any forward-moving project and this appears to be feeding some of the posts I've read here today.

On the other hand, I am concerned that I see a community split in the making. Some of this may be natural as the WWII simulation market had a following with as much fervor and resolve as our DCS community has. This is akin to two similar, but opposite forces meeting. Push and shove will be highlighted which takes away from valid discussion. I am honestly not sure if we can survive a split; I hope that we can and will do what little I can to make it work.

I sincerely hope that this venture works. I do have concerns about much that has been expressed but I also have faith that ED sees a path which brings satisfaction to all of us. I also still vividly remember the F-35 storm which passed through not long ago. Major argument--as I saw it--was that their wasn't sufficient data to create a "DCS" level F-35 simulation. Now, I think I heard someone say that many of the WWII aircraft platforms were in that same kettle--that of not having detailed design and performance data. I hope someone is watching that kettle to make sure the boil-overs are minimized.

Good luck ED and all your partners. You have my support.

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this in the past 90 pages but that would be an epic mission to build.

Lol! Maybe just once or twice... :lol:

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

I'd like to do a "Final Countdown" scenario with an enormous WW2 attacking force (ships, planes, armour etc) with a small but modern blocking force and see how it turns out. I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this in the past 90 pages but that would be an epic mission to build.

Sign me up!

FinalCountdown.jpg.f7b4e3aada44f7ccdc78487514719d67.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

The one thing I love about DCS and RoF is if you want a certain Aircraft you can purchase it............... if yer not interested you don't have to. But it can still be part of any scenario you wish and you can put them in for people who do have the Aircraft. I'm probably like a lot of others, we have a bunch of planes because we think we need them, but never fly them because we have our favorites and pretty much stick to them. I will purchase the DCS WWII package and get the planes I want to fly and leave the others that I don't, and I'm sure Eno will build a mission everyone can play in no matter the A/C they bought.

Cheers

Hoss

[sIGPIC]VFA-151_zpsc7bcfa86.png[/sIGPIC]

Sign me up!

Frick. ^

I thought I was the only person in the world who'd seen that movie. I'd have been correctly labelled as a visionary.

Lol! Maybe just once or twice... :lol:

We need some Tomcats to pull it off,

Im looking forward to flying over Europe, in anything at this point.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Im looking forward to flying over Europe, in anything at this point.

Indeed!! :thumbup:

My A2A P-51 and ORBX UK terrains still miss the mark. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

For Europe and the Med, bring on the multi-engine fighters/fighter bombers... I love them things. For the Pacific I just need my Corsair's.:thumbup:

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Long live (the original) VF-84!

My favourite scene of any movie ever made.

"Eh Fox, that woke 'em up." Cleanup, aisle me.

The original VF-84 was known as the Wolf Gang. They flew F4U-1D Corsairs off the USS Bunker Hill. You can't go with the original Jolly Rogers either as that was VF-17 who made themselves famous in the Solomans campaign. Of course the Tomcat and the Corsair are two of my all time favorite aircraft.

As for the Final Countdown mission, sure that would be fun once or twice. The AIM-54 Phoenix would make short work of the japanese formations by killing multiple aircraft per each missile. Heck, even the A-7E would get a fair number of enemy aircraft themselves.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

I have tried to wade through this entire thread but there is just too much and some of it such BS that I had to change boots quite a few times just to get here to this last page...

First off.. Why does this always have to devolve into a my balls are bigger than yours thing..

Why can't we all just be thrilled that we will have at least 3 relatively high fidelity WWII sims to choose from hopefully a year from now?

Second... "who died and made you boss... "

That of course being a generic "you" not directed at any one person here but to that embodiment that seems to take it upon itself to be the holy grail of what makes a real sim and what makes a game... If it has every screw and rivet modeled then and absolutely flawless FMs .. then it is true sim.. and we all know that the sim we choose to fly most must be the only real sim.. the only pure sim.. what a crock. Some of us need to justget over ourselves and realize that it's all just a bunch of software and it all simulates flying and combat to a greater or lesser degree.. There was a time when IL2 was considered the only WWII sim out there by many.. now that it is long in the tooth.. well it's just not cutting it anymore.. It is all fun.. or it is supposed to be.. I manage to have a boatload of fun with IL2 still.. and DCS.. and even CoD .. I just can't get past that frustrating FFB issue.. but it is still enjoyable outside of that.. and RoF .. while it does kind of bore me to tears with the slowness of it all .. is a great piece of sim SW and anyone who says different needs to either reexamine it or get over themselves.. while the theater may not be appealing to everyone and the FMs and DMs may not satisfy those finicky purists who obviously keep the genre alive and moving forward with their incessant attention to detail... (insert sarcasm here) it is a sim and a damn good one... Some people extol DCS as the end all and be all of sims.. while others say the P-51 is a huge PoS and they can't fly it.. I say you need to take any sim for what it is worth and learn it as an entity unto itself and pay less attention the the finer points of FMs.. (unless it is something obvious .. like Zeros out diving P-47s.. which actually happened in IL2 for a while there... or Corsairs out climbing 109s.. )

Lastly... Are you friggin kiddin me... a 91 page thread... with the last 49 pages before this post made in the last 48 hours.. and about 30 or so pages of that full of.. "Is it here yet?" "Oh my god!! is it here yet!!??" "I'm waiting.. " "Oh my goodness!! where are they!!??? " and all this just for an announcement ... an announcement of the plan ... I feel like I am back at Yankee Stadium in 65 waiting for John, Paul, Ringo & George to walk out on the stage..

Rant over...

Now as for DCS:WWII .. sounds like a great plan to me.. I am looking forward to it .. but I will not be holding my breath all things considered.. I think it is a great idea that the aircraft will be interchangeable between both worlds but I totally understand the need for two separate worlds.. and I agree with it 100%. I think that so far the DCS P-51 is the finest modeled WWII aircraft in cyberspace (A2A not withstanding.. for me the worse thing about A2A is that it runs on FSX and that is a personal thing to me not to slag FSX.. I just never liked MS stuff since CFS3) and I like the fact that I can choose how I want to fly it.. whether go full blown startup procedure or.. shortened.. I think that DCS puts out a great product and that this will be a welcome addition to the WWII sim market and I don't have to put down any other sim as sub standard in order to do that. I also thank goodness have enough space on my HD to ... actually install multiple sims and enjoy them all...!! WOW!! What a friggin concept...

Congrats Ilya & crew on your new venture and to tell you the truth I am so glad that this announcement was made on time because if it hadn't I shudder to think of the negative ripple through cyberspace had you been a day or two late with this... Good luck and I look forward to giving it a go.

Originally Posted by luthier1 viewpost.gif

We thought long and hard about this. We figured that it's better to have two environments in the long run, otherwise we'll have a really weird jumble.

Once DCS World grows to have a lot more modern aircraft, and DCS WWII will have more vintage warbirds, it's best to have them separate by default. We think.......

The Mustang and the Dora will be a part of the initial release.

DCS WWII will be its own product however. It will not be a DCS World plugin, but an entirely new environment. Other products will be mutually compatible, so you'll be able to plug an A-10 into DCS WWII if you so choose, or a B-17 into DCW World.

That means that things like air races and virtual airshows can be run on DCSW servers.. with combat on DCSWWII servers.. sounds like a good option to me..
Edited by Bearcat
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Fx-8350 | ASUS M5A99X EVO | EVGA 1050G PS | Corsair Force 3 240GSSD

Samsung 840 EVO 500G SSD | 32G Corsair Vengance DDR3 | Seagate 1TB 7200RPMHD

WD 2TB 7200 RPMHD XFX DD FX-HD 7870 2GB DDR5 | SB Xi-Fi APU | W7 U | TIR3

MSFFB2 | Saitek X-52|SaitekPro Pedals | Logitech Z-640 5.1 | ASUS VE248 24" LCD

If you can't appreciate ED's work without being derogatory (: insulting) towards the work of others or vice versa, this is not a place for you.
Ehm ... maybe it's my poor English, but how am I to read this? ;)

And regarding "the other WWII flight sim"; I'm sure many here will play it next to DCS: WWII. No need for hard feelings on either forum.

Edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille