Loading different munitions

Pinefang

I once found the page to select different munitions loads but can no longer find it can someone direct me to it? I read that it is in mission planner but I can't find it there. Please help, I want to set up a training mission and train with certain loads so I would like to change the load outs. Thanks in advance.

Click on the aircraft, which opens a bar along the right side of the window. Look for a tab on that bar which has the outline of a bomb or missile which appears as if you were looking at it head on.

You can also load new munitions in game with Left Alt + Apostrophe which opens a menu identical to the loading options in the mission editor. As long as you have a munitions truck from a friendly force on the tarmac you can load new weapons, make sure though that your intercom is selected or that the canopy is open when you request. You also refuel from this menu.

I forget which vehicles it requires specifically, I usually just plop down a HEMMT tanker and an armament humvee and that does the trick.

Hope that helps.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

You need the m818, hfft I thought it was, hmmwv and they need to be static objects not normal vehicles. That's for US.

Russians need the command tent, the ground power vehicle, the ammo dump, fuel dump or equivalent vehicles. (Transport and fuel/ lube)

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

The Munition is changed in the rearming page, as P*Funk said. The correct Munition has to be set in the IFFCC-Weapons page. To do this, set the IFFCC-Switch to the Test-Position and select the Weapons Page. There you can select the 30mm-Optionspage. Here you can select out of 3 types of munition: CM - Combat Mix; HE - High Explosives; TP - Training.

Also, if you rearm on the tarmac you need to refresh your DSMS with the correct load out. This can be accomplished laboriously by editing every individual pylon, or quickly by reloading the DSMS from the Load page.

The load page has to be accessed from the MFCD's by holding down on any of the OSBs along the bottom row which will present you with a menu allowing you to swap out any existing bottom-row-OSB's preset page with the LOAD page.

On the load page, unlike during preflight, you only select "LOAD DSMS" which will load the correct munitions into the computer. Then you just do the process over again with the OSBs to return the original preset to what it was before.

I actually don't know if the DSMS LOAD option changes to the correct ammunition mixture for the 30mm when you rearm to a different one. If it does you can bypass changing it via the IFFCC Ammunition submenu. I should check that out actually.

You need the m818, hfft I thought it was, hmmwv and they need to be static objects not normal vehicles. That's for US.

Russians need the command tent, the ground power vehicle, the ammo dump, fuel dump or equivalent vehicles. (Transport and fuel/ lube)

I thought for ground crew operations (rearm, refuel, repair) all you need is for the airbase to be assigned to your coalition (reb/blue)?

You've got me questioning myself now, but I'm pretty sure that's all I've had to do in the past - just set the airbase to the appropriate coalition (within the mission planner) and then all ground crew operations are 'active'. No placing vehicles required.

This is all part of the resource management aspect of the strategic side of the simulator gradually being incorporated.

Airbases can have finite quantities of 'resources' (aircraft, fuel, ammo etc) that must be managed. This is all infinite by default, so once it is assigned a coalition you instantly have infinite resources available to you at that base.

Unless of course I've misunderstood something?

Farps require special objects to be able to rearm and refuel, airbases do not. Airbases simply need to belong to your coalition in order to get ammo from them.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Maybe I just assumed it required those things because every one of DRAGON's practice missions has a bazillion of those lying around. I swear I remember not getting any reply from ground services in missions I made in versions from a while ago without putting a vehicle on the tarmac.

Read this post by Dragon. I ran into the same problem trying to rearm/refuel/comm at FARPs. These are the objects you need.

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=71924

For what it's worth, if you ever build a mission in the ME and want to use the Huey at a FARP, consider giving it a frequency that can be dialed close to a round number, like 127.125 or 128.200, instead of what I see all the time as 127.500 or 128.500 - just takes forever to dial the VHF radio in the UH-1H and gets annoying.

~J

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf